Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    MrSinatra
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Meyer View Post

>if a file has both, which will come first? or will both be used?
    >(meaning, if it had both TALB and TSOA as an example)
    >

No need to set a rule for which one would take precidence. Why would someone enter both? If they did, I'd expect them to be the same. If someone did, and they were different, that would be user error, and tags should be amended.
    someone probably wouldn't enter both, but i was thinking an established mp3 put into itunes might end up with both. i don't know enough about itunes to know if thats true or not, but it is kinda worrisome that the possibility would exist if all these codes were supported.

i agree it would be user error, but the user would need some kind of indication that this was happening and why, or it'll create a lot of confusion.

i like your suggestion for the bug, i'll reword it to reflect it, and attach to the bug report. that entire page of settings is a mess, and its really ridiculous that 1. nothing has been done on it to date, and 2. that waiting for the new schema should be used as an excuse to keep from doing anything on it. a lot of the immediate problems are not with the functions, but just descriptions! why wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Meyer View Post
    >if a file has both, which will come first? or will both be used?
    >(meaning, if it had both TALB and TSOA as an example)
    No need to set a rule for which one would take precidence. Why would someone enter both? If they did, I'd expect them to be the same. If someone did, and they were different, that would be user error, and tags should be amended.
    Careful: there are valid reasons for setting TALB and TSOA: TALB is Album Name, which may include leading words that are unwanted in the sorting, but not quite "common words to exclude".

TSOA is ALBUMSORT, and TALB is ALBUM...

The vast majority of tracks are going to have TALB set (else the track ends up in "no album"), and some subset of them are also going to need TSOA set.