Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Controller won't wake up ?

I've had my Duet for about 3 weeks now and its working great. Squeezecentre is running on a spare Mac Powerbook with all my music on an 1.5Tb Readynas NV+. I've wired the Receiver directly to my router.

I seem to have a persistent problem with the controller. I have the clock screensaver running and normally when i pick it up it wakes and i can use it as intended. Other times i pick it up and the backlighting flickers briefly and then the unit won't respond or the controller has the backlight on (all keys lit up, no display) and again won't respond when picked up or keys are pressed. Holding down the home button for about 10 secs seems to reboot it.

Any ideas ? - The system is fantastic but this issue is getting to be a pain.

Thanks

James

I have the exact issue. I have to take the battery out and and put it back in to get the controller working again.

Thats what i had been doing but I find holding down the home button until it resets does the trick most of the time. I did a firmware upgrade this morning but no change...

James

Is this just me or does anyone else get this ?

Thanks

James

I've been having the same issue. I will set the remote down and when I pick it up several hours later the buttons are lit, but the screen never comes on. Holding the home button down usually will turn the remote off for me, then I can turn it back on.

It doesn't seem to happen more than once a day and it seems to be at night that it locks up like this. I'm running the 7.01 beta on XP.

Does it reboot or just turn back on ?

Thanks

James

Sorry, by "turns back on" I meant reboots.

Oddly though, it hasn't done it the last 2 days.

It locked up again today. I think I've been running torrents and peerguardian on the server computer when this happens and I find myself wondering if it could be related...

I haven't noticed a pattern with mine - tempting to download iPeng and use my iPod touch as this is starting to piss me off.

James

QA Puppy -flame retardant jrichardson's Avatar

Try a new build

Can everyone having this issue please try the latest nightly build of SC 7.0.1, then report back here if this fixes or changes the behavior of this error.

To download the latest beta build, go to: http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads.../latest/trunk/

Then download and install the version specific to your OS.

Thank you
    James R.
    QA - breaking things so you don't have to