Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Where to get the squeezeplay sources?

I was very excited after reading about the SqueezeOS and SqueezePlay on the wiki.I understand that there are no precompiled binaries yet, but I cannot find or access the sources either.

Is this address (http://svn.slimdevices.com/trunk/squeezeplay/?root=Jive) I got form the wiki the correct one? I get a error 403 acess forbidden when I enter that address in my browser.

Thanks

Thanks. I got access to the directory now.
    Last edited by Aguida; 2008-04-07 at 04:15.

Aguida-

the path to the repository altered a bit this morning to accomodate an organizational change.

http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/jive/7.0/trunk/

will get you the current "7.0 trunk" version of squeezeplay. This is the code that is in development for the 7.0.1 bugfix release.

Also, if you want to download the entire source tree, you need to use subversion to do the checkout. From a command-line, the command is

svn co http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/jiv...nk/squeezeplay

there are also Windows subversion clients, of which I know nothing about

cheers,
    #!/ben
    Former Logitech Developer: Squeezeplay/SqueezeOS/SqueezeboxController/SqueezeCenter
    Community Developer: Nokia770Skin (r.i.p.)

http://www.last.fm/user/bklaas/
    KHAAAN!...BUNNIES!

I think these questions could fit in here, if not, sorry...

Which repository should I check out from subversion to get the UI for desktop use (substitute for softsqueeze), 7.1, 7.2?
    Tried 7.1 and 7.2 yesterday with Squeezecenter from unstable (7.1, is it?). While Squeezeplay from 7.1 seemed as the versions before the 7.2 version was already a little different, but it had only bigger fonts and couldn't be resized and had some more menu items that didn't do much yet. Do I have to install additional things to get a full screen skin (there are hints for it in the directory names of the source) or do I even have to use Squeezecenter from svn (what will 7.2) to get it working?
    Besides, should I already file bug reports for Sueezeplay 7.2?
    When I compiled it there was a compilation failure regarding the flac decoder part, but only some examples didn't compile, so I disabled compilation for them and moved on.

Bye, signor_rossi.
    Last edited by signor_rossi; 2008-04-13 at 01:58.

egd
    I've downloaded the source tree, opened a terminal window, changed to /squeezeplay/src and ran make -f Makefile.linux

The last few lines of output leave me with some error messages:
    Code:
     ./build-scripts/strip_fPIC.sh /usr/bin/yasm -f elf -i ./src/hermes/ -DHIDDEN_VISIBILITY ./src/hermes/mmx_main.asm -o build/mmx_main.o
    /usr/bin/yasm -f elf -i ./src/hermes/ -DHIDDEN_VISIBILITY ./src/hermes/mmx_main.asm -o build/mmx_main.o
    ./src/hermes/mmx_main.asm:75: invalid argument to [SECTION]
    ./src/hermes/mmx_main.asm:75: undefined symbol `.note.GNU' (first use)
    ./src/hermes/mmx_main.asm:75: undefined symbol `stack' (first use)
    ./src/hermes/mmx_main.asm:75:  (Each undefined symbol is reported only once.)
    make[1]: *** [build/mmx_main.lo] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/egd/Desktop/splay/squeezeplay/src/SDL-1.2.11'
    make: *** [sdl] Error 2
    Not sure what all that means...any tips for successfully compiling under Ubuntu?

If I remember correctly (can't check right now, Ubuntu Gutsy box is turned off) when I ran into the same issue I installed a more recent version of yasm myself (the checkinstall utility gives a nice package you can uninstall easily again). Probably it is the best to file a bug to the Ubuntu people.

Bye, signor_rossi.

egd
    Quote Originally Posted by signor_rossi View Post
    If I remember correctly (can't check right now, Ubuntu Gutsy box is turned off) when I ran into the same issue I installed a more recent version of yasm myself (the checkinstall utility gives a nice package you can uninstall easily again). Probably it is the best to file a bug to the Ubuntu people.
    Downloaded, compiled and installed latest yasm, same result when compiling squeezeplay

Quote Originally Posted by egd View Post
    Downloaded, compiled and installed latest yasm, same result when compiling squeezeplay
    Checked now and indeed installing a newer yasm version myself solved it for me. I have version 0.6.2.

Bye, signor_rossi.