Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Jive segfault

Hybrid View

Jive segfault

Hello,

I'm currently writing an applet for jive, and having some trouble running it on the device. The applet is designed to control a home automation system (Calaos). My applet is communicating with the home automation server using a simple tcp protocol (very similar to the slimserver's CLI).
    I have developped my applet using the desktop version of jive, and it's working great. But now I've upload it on the real device, and ran it, but the jive process just segfault for some obscure reason... Of course I've tried a nightly build of jive firmware, without success.

I've tried to debug using printf in lua as much as I can, and it appear that jive is segfaulting in the lua socket layer, but I'm not sure. I need to do more debugging. So I have done a svn checkout of squeezeos, and try to compile a fresh jive with debugging symbols and gdb. But here comes my troubles, compilation just failed !
    In fact, I can't cross compile squeezeplay, because some libs are missing: libjpeg, libpng and zlib...

Now I'm stuck and I really need some help from jive developpers.
    Thanks.

Senior Software Engineer - Logitech/Slim Devices
    Have you followed the instructions at:
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cg...tSoftwareHowTo

These are a little out of date now, following some renamed done just after the release of 7.0. At the wiki is being moved, and I will update the instructions once it is editable again.

All the packages needed to cross-compile SqueezeOS are included in SVN. It would help if you can post the error.

Richard

I've done some more investigation, and just found why jive was segfaulting. I've resolved the compilation problem, it was a problem in my config, sorry for that.

After some time I figured out it was some log info that made jive crash. In fact I printed the network command I sent (they were printed in /var/log/messages), and it seems that some of them made jive segfault. I removed them and the applet is now working like a charm