Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Same here

Just wanted to let you know, that I am experiencing the same problems already mentioned here before, but with some other hardware on the network/computer side:

I have to different networks - one contains an AVM Fritzbox 3170 (Firmware 49.04.57) running in 802.11b/g compatible mode with a WPA2 encryption and a second one running an Apple TimeCapsule 1TB (Firmware 7.3.2) also WPA2 encryption. I used the Timecapsule only to negotiate if it makes the same problems like the AVM Fritzbox, as I am normally running TC as a 5GHz 802.11n only device, but I can approve that the same problems appear with the TC instead of the Fritzbox. On the computers side it is an Apple iMac running Mac OS X 10.5.4 (Built 9E17) using the iTunes library (iTunes 7.7.1).

As the Fritzbox (which ist quite popular in Germany as it is supplied with several DSL line contracts by many telcos) has a better webinterface to figure out the problem, let me tell you what happens. If I take a look into the webinterface I can see that the controller as well as the player have been assigned an IP adresse. The iMac has a fixed IP address. When I try to configure the Squeezebox it connects to the WLAN supplied by the Fritzbox and when it comes to the point to connect to the music library the SB controller says something like "Squeezebox (169.168...) can not connect..." - that means that the SB has got an invalid IP adresse while the router (Fritzbox) still states an valid one for the squeezebox controller and says that it is connected. A bit strange in my oppinion.

So I reseted the SB again and now it detects the network again, I can enter the password and the the controller says that the network connection can not be established. Doing the same procedure again a few times it worked after serveral tries but only for a few minutes. After that the connection dropped again and I experienced either the problem, that the commands I gave with controller was only executed after a few seconds or even minutes (while the music started/stopped playing in between several times) or even says again, that there is no connection.

On the Mac I tried Squeezecenter 7.0.1, 7.1 and at last the nightly build of 7.2 -no difference.

As I am running several other devices on the network (an Apple TV, a Sonos system, an HP WLAN Printer, a Sony PS3 etc.) and no one has got connection problems with the WLAN that definately seems to be a problem between the SB and the Fritzbox or WLAN in general. It does not even matter if there are about 3-4 meters between the WLAN base and the SB or about 12-13 meters (last one would be the usual setup for me).

As a last note from my side, I gave a second SB Duet to a friend of mine, running also a Fritzbox but with an QNAP209 as the server and he experienced similar problems. In the company I am working for we also set up a SB Duet and tried to connect it to a WLAN and an Mac as the server - no sucess running Apple Airport Base stations as WLAN access points. Last try was to give another SB Duett to another friend using a Netgear WLAN router as well as a ReadyNas as the server - that works flawlessly (as you see sometimes it is quite usefull to have access to several Squeezeboxes .

From my point of view, after all those tries the SB Duett controller seems to have problems with some kind of WLAN hardware and maybe a hugher ammount of other WLAN devices in the network (interferencies?).

So for me I am going on to use my Sonos system that works flawlessly and will try to use the Duett from time to time again while hopeing that it will work some day.

Oliver

WEP instead of WAP

I just wanted to add my own experience with this very real problem.

First, I had my network with only MAC address filtering. Squeezebox Duet worked fine and I had none of the setup problems others had noted in this and other threads.

Then I decided to make a secure network and went for WAP2. All my computers connected correctly and at first it looked like the SB Controller had also connected properly. But I just could not get the Receiver to connect. Then I saw that the Controller kept going in and out of connecting with the network. I tried all sorts of variations but no luck.

After reading some of the comments earlier in this thread, I changed the security to WEP 128 key. The controller connected with no problem and I was then able to get the Receiver to connect again as well.

I don't know if the WAP2 connection problem is linked to my router (D-Link WBR-2310)but I would like to go to WAP2 security at some point soon. The Controller is using 7.1 r2722 and I have Squeezecenter 7.1 22170. I would hope the next update will solve this issue.

I hope this helps others waste a little less time than I did.

Juerg

As long as this thread i have also troubles with the Duet Controller.
    I've opened a Bug-tracker and sending LOG's to the Bug-tracker, long conversations, and try about every new beta jive firmware for the controller
    and the story goes on.
    About every 1-2 days i must remove the battery because it looses
    wifi conections, firmware loops, A.S.O.
    But inbetweens it works fine.

Good lord

Gentoo user here; I'm having the same problems as everyone else.

What I've noted is this: my controller almost never loses the connection, it just can't find the SB receiver to interface with (because it's using an incorrect IP). When the SBR does this, it gets the typical blue light on the front, does not respond to pings, etc.

It typically goes into this fit if a Squeezecenter it was connected to (even while asleep) has been restarted or shut down.

I'm so freaking tired of this and can't believe I paid $400 for a network music system that can't even hold a DHCP address. The fact that there's a 26 page thread on this should mean it is a top priority for the developers, but evidently it's not? None the less I'm going to peruse the source myself and see if I can find any obvious oversights that would be causing the SBR to ignore it's DHCP lease and autoconfigure itself an incorrect IP.

A very frustrated new SB user.
    -----Nate

i was having similar issues. I have taken the box the squuezecenter is on, the SB, and the SBR off dhcp. My DHCP wsas set in the range 192.168.1.2 to 100. I have set up the 3 on 101,102,and 103. everything has worked out well. it is definately worth a try.

I've received a mail from Slimdevices
    and they could reproduce the Blue icon issue
    on the Duet Controller after some time (eq. standby or after a few days).
    They classified it as a major bug and we can only hope
    that they could resolve this shortly in the FW,
    could/should be solved in SC 7.2.1 !

At last - light at the end of the tunnel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom_3 View Post
    At last - light at the end of the tunnel?
    Yes, let's hope it's bright white light, in SC 7.2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Henk51 View Post
    Yes, let's hope it's bright white light, in SC 7.2.1.
    Let us hope.

Question: how does one assign static IP addresses to the Duet components (SBR and SBC)? I have doen that with the SB3, but not with the Duet, which doesn't seem to offer that option during setup, rather asking which receiver and then which server to connect to as part of the dialog...

Well, i didn't, but in my router i have the option to preserve static IP-adresses to the devices (PC,Nas, and Duet SBR/SBC).
    In general speaking, Static DHCP.
    The Router is Dir-655 D-Link.