Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I am not sure that the problem i reported earlier in this thread is the same as what you guys have got, but for what it's worth my connection issues are sorted. The problem was with my ReadyNAS and a new version of firmware has resulted in everything working as nicely.

After a couple rounds with Logitech/Slim Devices Support, I'm returning my system under the terms of the 30-day money back guarantee.

I'm sad because I've been looking forward to this device since it was in beta, and I'm already a happy Squeezebox user. But I can't seem to get a replacement device through Support (or even a response to my support requests, lately), so I don't feel I have any choice but to return it.

Quote Originally Posted by fireupthegrill View Post
    After a couple rounds with Logitech/Slim Devices Support, I'm returning my system under the terms of the 30-day money back guarantee.

I'm sad because I've been looking forward to this device since it was in beta, and I'm already a happy Squeezebox user. But I can't seem to get a replacement device through Support (or even a response to my support requests, lately), so I don't feel I have any choice but to return it.
    Hello fireupthegrill
    I completely agree!.
    I have all the same problems with the Controller as you other guys. There is no response from the Slimdevices Support Team to help getting it fixed, no comments, no reply. The only suggestion is "replace your router". Whats going on? Is there mature problems with the product or the software?

Controller lost connection with Receiver

Hi

I had same type of problem, when I was using SqueezeNetwork and closed down for the night, then I couldn't connect the Controller to the Receiver the next day. Some time it help starting SqueezeCenter and connect to the Receiver from the PC. After a while the Controller again could find both my Reciever and SB ver.3
    But today nothing helped, so I took off the power on the wireless router and it helped. Now everything is OK again. The wireless router is a Linksys WRT300N
    If anyone have another solution, I would be glad to hear the answer

Senior Software Engineer - Logitech/Slim Devices
    I am sorry some of you appear to be having networking problems with the Controller. Please bear with us, it is very important to us that this is fixed as soon as possible.

To help we first need to isolate the problem. If you are having a problem could you please post details of your setup. In particular the following information is important:
    - Access point make, model and firmware version
    - Are you using having problems using SqueezeCenter, SqueezeNetwork or both
    - What OS are you using with SqueezeCenter
    - What version of SqueezeCenter are you using

Some people have indicated that changing the router/access point has helped. If you can try a different router/access point does this fix the problem. I am not suggesting this as a long term solution, but to help understand the issue.

It may also be worth you trying SqueezeCenter 7.0.1. Last week I made some changes to the Controller firmware that _may_ help with some connection problems.

Thanks,
    Richard

Controller lost connection with Receiver - 2

OK, I'll try 7.01, where to download/witch file to download for Vista Ultimate?

//Bent

AP : Zyxel 2602HW-D1A (I don't know FW because I don't have the PW for the router)
    Only problems with SBC connecting to SC - SBR is wired (I don't use SqueezeNetwork)
    SqueezeCenter is running on FreeNAS
    Version : squeezecenter-7.0.1-17981-noCPAN.tgz

Update : Upgrading to 18219 doesn't seem to make any diff.
    Last edited by Kim.T; 2008-03-31 at 11:31.
    MacMini running LMS 7.8
    Duet + 4 Squeezebox Radio's

7.0.1 is here: http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads.../latest/trunk/

For Vista use the .exe version.

Quote Originally Posted by rtitmuss View Post
    I am sorry some of you appear to be having networking problems with the Controller. Please bear with us, it is very important to us that this is fixed as soon as possible.

To help we first need to isolate the problem. If you are having a problem could you please post details of your setup. In particular the following information is important:
    - Access point make, model and firmware version
    - Are you using having problems using SqueezeCenter, SqueezeNetwork or both
    - What OS are you using with SqueezeCenter
    - What version of SqueezeCenter are you using

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hello Richard Titmuss

Thank you for your reply.
    Now lets try all together to find out what is wrong and Slimdevices find out how to fix it :-)
    I will help you giving all the information I can.
    Duet is a great product, but it has to work 100% plug'n'play, stable and reliable as a consumer product on existing standardized network equipment, so I certainly hope problems can be solved.

1 piece SB3 Classic (wireless, 802.11g, 10.0.0.12:40154, Softwareversion: 86, signal=70%)
    1 piece SB3 Classic (wireless, 802.11g, 10.0.0.13:55258, Softwareversion: 86, signal=78%)
    1 piece SBR(eceiver)(wired, 100 Mbps, 10.0.0.10:50386, Softwareversion: 22)
    1 piece SBC(ontroler) (wireless, 802.11g, 10.0.0.16, Softwareversion: 7.0.1 r2158 #28 Sun Mar 30.01:31:09 PDT 2008,signal=?)

After nightly update 26/3 things were running better, but still SBC is loosing connection.

Everything works fine from SC
    SBC looses control can't connect to the players for approx. 1-2 minute (wireless indicator turns blue), but reapears and everything goes normal.
    All Cover Arts are not always updated in the SBC display when choosing Album List.

SqueezeCenter version: 7.0.1 - 17981 - Windows XP - DA - cp1252 running om my laptop (wireless, 802.11g, 10.0.0.17, 200 CD's in FLAC)

AP is ZyXEL P-2602HW-D1A (router/switch/wireless/ip-telephony)
    Firmware is: V3.40(AJQ.2) | 12/06/2006
    Channel is 6 (2437MHz)
    Wireless encryption disabled
    Mac address filtering disabled
    SSID broadcast enabled
    No signal boost og pre-N specific settings

Best regards

@lex
    Last edited by @lex; 2008-03-31 at 13:06. Reason: Add.

reply to rtitmuss

In my initial post I said that the squeezecenter could access the receiver. That isn't correct today - nothing works.
    1. Using a DLink router, model DI634M
    2. Using Vista Home OS on Dell Inspiron.
    3. Message on the controller, after finding the Squeezebox, "Couldn't connect your Squeezebox to your wireless network..."
    4. Today the message on SqueezeCenter "Your player was not found..."
    5 I downloaded SC 7.0.1 with no change in results.
    6. I can sit 3 feet from the router and still not get a signal on the controller, so I'm doubtful that it's a network/router weakness.

I appreciate any help you can provide. I really think this is a great system - when it worked.

Thanks... Frank Debrick

PS: After all this, I went into the settings on the controller, found the factory reset, did the reset procedure and now everything works fine. I'll be curious to see if this is a recurring problem.
    Last edited by fjdebrick; 2008-03-31 at 16:09.