Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Swedish Radio as OPML

If you're not particularly interested in Swedish Radio, you can safely stop reading now.

I have recently been in contact with the support at Swedish Radio (webmaster.nyamedier@sr.se), asking whether it be possible for them to provide an OPML resource for their podcasts, the way NPR does (http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/opml.php).

They very quickly and very politely replied that my email had doubled the number of requests for this feature. They are not against implementing this, but need to investigate the demand and maintenance cost of providing it.

The demand side of the equation is where you might help. If you feel the need for such a feature, please drop a line to the above-mentioned address, telling them you would appreciate if they implement such a thing.

For those who haven't tried it, and OPML file from sr.se would make it possible to make all the sr podcasts browsable from the Squeezebox (or equivalent) in one sweep.

Thanks!

Good work! I will e-mail them.

Another question that I've raised with the same "person" is song information imbedded in the wma stream. I guess there's something similar to id3-tags for wma streams. Last time I checked the Squeezebox screen showed:

Artist: Sveriges Radio
    Titel: P3 Svea - Sveriges Radio AB

The answer was: "Det beror antagligen på att Sveriges Radio använder en egen sorts taggning från utsändningen till webbspelaren och inte standard-märking (ex ID3-taggning) i streamingen." (sorry about not translating).

This was august 2006 and there was apparently nothing I (or they) could do. Maybe it's time to raise the question again?

Good call. It's something which has bothered me as well, I have sent them an email about this now.

WMA doesn't support stream metadata, at least not a standard way of doing it.

Bummer. I guess it'll be a bit more work convincing SR to switch formats.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    WMA doesn't support stream metadata, at least not a standard way of doing it.
    Yeah, bummer.
    But I'm pretty sure that I've listened to some wma-channel that showed meta data on my squeezebox screen. Is there some non-standard way you could tell us about? That works together with the SB.

Quickie translation of the rest of my previous post:

It's probably becuase Sveriges Radio use their own sort of tagging when transmitting to their web player and not standard (e.g. ID3 tags) in the stream.
    Last edited by TCM; 2010-04-14 at 05:29.

I've never used OPML or podcasts, so I'm not sure how to phrase it.. but if you could post your mail I'd be happy to send it too (I'm Swedish, so I can edit it some before sending).
    2* Squeezebox 3
    1* SB Duet
    1* SB Radio
    1 * ReadyNAS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sand View Post
    I've never used OPML or podcasts, so I'm not sure how to phrase it.. but if you could post your mail I'd be happy to send it too (I'm Swedish, so I can edit it some before sending).
    Me to. (I'm just lazy)
    SB Touch optical to Hegel H90, Speakers Larsen 4.2
    Spare SB3
    AirPlay Bridge to Audio Pro A10
    Squeezelite-x connected to home LMS with Neorouter.
    SB Radio
    ReadyNAS 202
    iPeng

A poor-mans alternative (and needs a PC running) would be to take the playlist (e.g. http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/p3/programs...ProgramID=1604 ) and make the list accessible thro InfoBrowser as I hae done for SSomaFM, SkyFM see http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cg...rmationBrowser

I started sending private messages to people with this, since I thought it improper to clog the forum with Swedish, but since you're all craving for it, I guess I better post my eloquent message here :-) Sorry for the non-English.

En del leverantörer av poddradio exponerar en OPML-listning av sitt poddradio-utbud, t.ex. NPR i USA (http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/opml.php). Gör ni likadant? Jag kan inte hitta någon länk på webbplatsen. Det vore väldigt uppskattat.

Mitt eget intresse för OPML beror på att jag lyssnar på er webbradio och poddcasts via en Squeezebox (http://www.slimdevices.com/), och skulle ni lägga ut ert utbud som OPML-filer skulle jag kunna importera en sådan fil, och inte behöva lägga in kanaler och podcasts en och en. Jag skulle slippa hålla reda på att jag har en uppdaterad version av alla kanaler och poddcasts.