Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Smile Workaround for non-US/UK/Germany users

Seems like the current workaround is to select one of US/UK/Germany as your location in your Squeezenetwork account settings (squeezenetwork.com), even though you're not located in any of those regions. On your last.fm settings on Squeezenetwork you then get the option to authorize your account on last.fm. Do this and you're good to go. You can even switch back to your real location afterwards once authorization is complete.
    Home: Squeezebox v3 -> Stello DA100 -> Heed CanAmp -> K701 / HD650 (2nd). Stereo: Thule IA100 -> Dali Mentor 5.
    Work: PC USB -> Meier Corda Aria -> DT770'05. Gone: DT880'05, DT990'05, HD650 (1st).

If I change my location to USA I have last FM but if i come back to France : it disappear. I have to "stay" in USA...

Quote Originally Posted by kimsnarf View Post
    Seems like the current workaround is to select one of US/UK/Germany as your location in your Squeezenetwork account settings (squeezenetwork.com), even though you're not located in any of those regions. On your last.fm settings on Squeezenetwork you then get the option to authorize your account on last.fm. Do this and you're good to go. You can even switch back to your real location afterwards once authorization is complete.
    Does not work for me. SN automatically detects the country I am in and does not add the option to authorize the account on last.fm.
    Squeezebox 3 // Squeezebox Touch // Squeezebox Boom// Squeezebox Radio// Raspberry pi

Quote Originally Posted by sSNICKERSs View Post
    If I change my location to USA I have last FM but if i come back to France : it disappear. I have to "stay" in USA...
    I set up lastfm in England during the summer and brought my squeezebox to France in September, since when lastfm has continued to work here in France on squeezenetwork.
    The only problem has been listening to lastfm on my computer with softsqeeze when often the lastfm track playing keeps on repeating itself.

I have recently got a squeezebox classic to replace my old roku set ,I know that Last Fm still doesn't work where I live (Netherlands) ,does anyone know why this is and if this is likely to change anytime soon?
    P.s. I have found a work round for getting last fm to work in part.
    There is a site hxxp://www.lastbridge.net I used it for my Roku soundbridge but it also works with the squeezebox give it a look ,it will not be as good as direct access to last fm via sqeeuzebox but it works.