Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

lastfm on squeezenetwork

the new squeezenetwork interface has a signup for lastfm, which I did, but ok now what? how do I play lastfm from squeezenetwork? I don't see it as a choice when browsing.

Since the squeezebox itself now has some type of "scrobbler" function, whatever that is, I still don't understand how to listen to lastfm.

Is it not implemented yet on squeezenetwork but will be in the future?

Is it only for users of squeezecenter?

Quote Originally Posted by mortslim
    the new squeezenetwork interface has a signup for lastfm, which I did, but ok now what? how do I play lastfm from squeezenetwork? I don't see it as a choice when browsing.
    Right now you can only 'scrobble' from Squeezenetwork, not listen to Last.fm radio

Since the squeezebox itself now has some type of "scrobbler" function, whatever that is, I still don't understand how to listen to lastfm.
    'Scrobbler' is the Last.fm thing for populating your Last.fm profile with the music you listen. For example if you have a Pandora account, everything you listen on Pandora from Squeezenetwork will be 'scrobbled' to your profile on Last.fm. This seems to work on Slacker, Rhapsody and MP3 Tunes too, and some Radio stations as well.

Is it not implemented yet on squeezenetwork but will be in the future?
    That is the idea, I myself hope it can be released in the next version, but unfortunetly they had to push back Last.fm radio for a later release, the developers were very busy at this moment (new version of Squeezecenter 7.0, new Squeezenetwork site, new Duet product)

Is it only for users of squeezecenter?
    Not really, 'official' Last.fm radio is not supported on Squeezecenter 7.0 neither, BUT... you can actually listen to Last.fm radio right now from Squeezecenter (not Squeezenetwork), using James's excelent Squeezescrobbler 1.0 plugin: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=38845
    rip (eac) > convert (flac) > tag (musicbrainz/mp3tag) > normalize (replaygain/foobar2000) > albumart (www/firefox) > transport (winscp) > store (debian) > manage (squeezecenter) > control (ipodtouch/ipeng-app) > play (squeezebox) > preamplify (zpre2) > amplify (zampv3) > listen (axiomm2/sennheiser-hd595) > scrooble (last.fm) > enjoy (me :)

http://www.last.fm/user/pichonCalavera

I really hope lastfm radio comes to SN soon.

Especially the personal station that plays tracks based on the user's scrobbling data

http://www.last.fm/listen/user/???????/personal

Yes, PLEASE add last.fm playback support!

Quote Originally Posted by pichonCalavera View Post
    I myself hope it can be released in the next version, but unfortunetly they had to push back Last.fm radio for a later release, the developers were very busy at this moment
    Adding Squeezebox or Squeezenetwork playback support for last.fm would be great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I too am looking forward to official support for last.fm. Note that in the meantime you can use the last.fm plugin: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=105780

Quote Originally Posted by smc2911 View Post
    in the meantime you can use the last.fm plugin: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=105780
    Yes, I know, and I am in fact using it -- while in doubt if I should sell the Squeezebox I bought less than a week ago...

I really got the device to allow me switch of my computer. I know, I should have investigated better...

Don't worry guys, we've already said we're doing a Last.fm Radio plugin, it is coming soon.

Can't wait!! Is it safe to assume that it will support all of the various radio types (e.g. group, personal tag, global tag, etc)?

What will actually run the upcoming Last.fm plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    we're doing a Last.fm Radio plugin
    Sounds good. But for my understanding: would such "plugin" run on the Squeezebox (or SqueezeNetwork), or would it still require SqueezeCenter/SlimServer to be active (and then basically replace the existing plugin)?