Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Mildly off topic

Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    ... I hang out in the Beginners forum and if a question comes up more than once then I try to put the answer in the wiki somewhere....

Ceejay
    Cool Beans. Thanks CeeJay and all the others that keep the WIKI current. The WIKI would not be the wonderful resource it has become without your efforts.

Back on topic but still about the WIKI, I still believe that finding some way to get beginners to read/search the WIKI before posting would reduce some of the noise on the Forum, relieve the veteran posters of repeated identical questions that stress them out, as well as keep beginners from becoming frustrated to the point that posts need to be moderated.

As to moderating, Slim Devices deserves credit for having a very light hand as well as being open to allow all opinions even if they are critical of their products. Additionally I believe there has yet to be a post from a real SD user that was deleted (besides pure commercial ads from non-SD users). Questionable posts were only locked to read only.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone View Post
    ...I believe there has yet to be a post from a real SD user that was deleted ...
    I've had a few deleted (deservedly so) and have also deleted a few of my less that stellar (offensive) posts myself.
    I've learned (learning) to allow myself a "cooling off" period whenever I am frustrated and am about to post, whether related to my current frustration or not.

Agreed that SD/LT has handled the situation well for the most part and am appreciative of the delicacy in which they tread.
    Although some here would call me hypocritical, I believe one has the power to objectively self-examine and re-tool.

Last edited by haunyack; 2008-02-21 at 11:06.

Question

Please can we add cross-posting as a reason for deleting a thread?
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

I think locking all but one would be sufficient.

If you wish to change posters habits, I think some rules and guidelines should be created and clearly available to all. Many new arrivals will struggle with where to post, and be totally unaware of applicable rules. A sticky might help.

Dave

NOT a Slim Devices Employee kdf's Avatar
    This thread is a sticky, and the rules (at least as they were at the outset) are in the first post.
    -k

But they are not declared as such. I doubt many would know that. And a title Forum Procedures and Rules might help.

Dave

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by usch View Post
    I think locking all but one would be sufficient.
    Yes that is what I meant.
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones

Quote Originally Posted by kdf View Post
    This thread is a sticky, and the rules (at least as they were at the outset) are in the first post.
    -k
    I've been here for 3-4 years and only one person has been rude to me. KDF and I really think it was a bad day for him. At least I think so and I forgive him so I don't think a rule change would be in order. I know he gives a lot to this place and he doesn't get paid for it. It was the only time kdf that I felt attacked and I know you were just in a bad way. Anyway not a big deal.
    As far as moderation,not a problem in anyway. This is a no call in my mind.
    Last edited by Nonreality; 2010-08-30 at 01:35.
    If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    I am new here, so i had read forums rules, they are very strict.
    Seriously? - You think these rules are "very strict"? - which of them would you like to violate?

Our Squeezebox community is growing rapidly, bringing new challenges and opportunities. As you may have noticed, we've recently started to moderate postings to the forums in response to the increasing number of threads that have violated one or more of the following guidelines:

* Profanity: This post contains expletives or vulgar language. Please post in more friendly manner.
    * Personal attack: Insults or rude ad hominem arguments directed at another member are not permitted.
    * Troll / Flamebait: This post is worded in such a way as to evoke an emotional response, rather than to start a constructive dialogue.
    * Inappropriate subject: Please choose a non-inflammatory subject line which actually describes the subject matter of the thread.
    * Illegal content: This thread contains legally prohibited or copyrighted material.

While we all adjust to having a moderated forum, there may be times when a thread is closed that you believe shouldn't have been. We will gladly listen to constructive feedback and will reopen the thread if warranted. We will also be "fine tuning" our moderation style, as we find the balance that allows us to have useful forums while doing the smallest amount of editing and/or closing of threads as possible. Please bear with us as we get better at this task. We hope that this will keep the overall dialog healthy and productive.

Please note that we will not close or edit threads that criticize our products, as long as they do not violate the guidelines spelled out above.
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones