Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox running on Netgear ReadyNas unable to run Tidal

Hi,

I am using Squeezebox touch with a ReadyNas duo as the media server. I have successfully installed the Logitech Media Server on the readyNas as an add on. The problem is that I cannot access Tidal (to which I subscribe) when using the readyNas, I can only stream files from the readyNas storage. If I connect the Squeezebox to my desktop PC running Logitech Media Server Tidal is available along with any media files stored on my network. I an absolute beginner in networking so I would be grateful for any help.I want to be able to run my Squeezebox without having my PC turned on as it is noisy and uses a lot of power. I think it is possible to access the readyNas and add something called ickStream to the Logitech Media Server but I don't know if this is what I need to do and I have no clue how to go about it. I would really appreciate it is anyone who knows how to fix this could walk me through it step by step. Thanks very much for reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyPJ View Post
    Hi,

I am using Squeezebox touch with a ReadyNas duo as the media server. I have successfully installed the Logitech Media Server on the readyNas as an add on. The problem is that I cannot access Tidal (to which I subscribe) when using the readyNas, I can only stream files from the readyNas storage. If I connect the Squeezebox to my desktop PC running Logitech Media Server Tidal is available along with any media files stored on my network. I an absolute beginner in networking so I would be grateful for any help.I want to be able to run my Squeezebox without having my PC turned on as it is noisy and uses a lot of power. I think it is possible to access the readyNas and add something called ickStream to the Logitech Media Server but I don't know if this is what I need to do and I have no clue how to go about it. I would really appreciate it is anyone who knows how to fix this could walk me through it step by step. Thanks very much for reading this.
    Have you put your mysqueezebox.com details into LMS on the ReadyNas?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Squeezebox running on Netgear ReadyNas unable to runTidal

> I am using Squeezebox touch with a ReadyNas duo as the media server. I

If you're a talking about
    https://www.netgear.de/support/produ...s_duo_v1).aspx
    then I'd strongly suggest you get a Raspberry Pi to run LMS on. That
    device already was hardly usable running LMS when we first released
    support for it 10+ years ago...

> have successfully installed the Logitech Media Server on the readyNas as
    > an add on. The problem is that I cannot access Tidal (to which I

What LMS version are you running?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Have you put your mysqueezebox.com details into LMS on the ReadyNas?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I have not been able to find a way to access the LMS on the readyNas. I am a complete novice at networking. I have been told elsewhere that the chipset on my readyNas probably won't support the Tidal plug in so there may not be an easy solution to this.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I am using Squeezebox touch with a ReadyNas duo as the media server. I

If you're a talking about
    https://www.netgear.de/support/produ...s_duo_v1).aspx
    then I'd strongly suggest you get a Raspberry Pi to run LMS on. That
    device already was hardly usable running LMS when we first released
    support for it 10+ years ago...

> have successfully installed the Logitech Media Server on the readyNas as
    > an add on. The problem is that I cannot access Tidal (to which I

What LMS version are you running?

--

Michael
    Hi, I downloaded what I believe is the most up to date version of LMS. It seems that the ReadyNas I'm using is simply not going to do what I want it to do. The Rpi solution seems like the most cost effective way to get the functionality I need and that was my planned next move. Happily I have been gifted a Vortexbox appliance which alongside the SBT will do everything I need and more. The lesson I've learned is to check very carefully what legacy hardware is capable of before buying. Thanks for the advice, problem solved now via a workaround solution.