Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Scrolling hosed in 1676

Hey folks,

Another oddity popped up today. I updated my Jive to 1676 (and also updated SC). It's been a few days since my last update, so this may have been introduced any time in the last few days. When I browse my music folder (specifically my Rock-Pop subfolder, which contains ~350 artist subfolders), the scrolling locks up after less than one revolution of the wheel. The artist subfolder names disappear, but the large letter (if it has appeared already) stays, as does the horizontal highlight bar. Turning the wheel or hitting the select button do nothing, but hitting back returns to the previous folder. This is 100% reproducable - it happens every time. With 1676 I can no longer use my jive to browse my music folder.

Reaching for a beer and my IR remote,

John

[SlimDevices: Jive] Scrolling hosed in 1676

> reproducable - it happens every time. With 1676 I can no longer use my
    > jive to browse my music folder.

Can't confirm: I successfully tested on Linux/OSX/Windows with external and internal drives. No problem. So... we'll need some more information.

Do you see any error message in your server.log file? Are you using folders with non-latin characters?

--

Michael

Unhappy

This is almost certainly a problem with the data structure sent to Jive from SqueezeCenter, and I can 100% reproduce it, but in a different place for me: Music Library->Years->Unknown. Also a big list, also locks up in exactly the same way described.

I know what's causing this: SC tells Jive it has $count number of items in this menu, but then it sends some number of items that's not $count and Jive gets all confused.

I'll open a bug against this and look into it.

#!/ben
    Former Logitech Developer: Squeezeplay/SqueezeOS/SqueezeboxController/SqueezeCenter
    Community Developer: Nokia770Skin (r.i.p.)

http://www.last.fm/user/bklaas/
    KHAAAN!...BUNNIES!

Former Logitech Developer: Squeezeplay/SqueezeOS/SqueezeboxController/SqueezeCenter

KHAAAN!...BUNNIES!

Glad you were able to reproduce it Ben (means I'm not cursed - well, at least not in this case).

Cheers,

John

Have you verified it's fixed okay for you?

Michael did a nice patch and I think it covers all bases, but independent confirmations always appreciated.

#!/ben

KHAAAN!...BUNNIES!

I didn't realize it was fixed already. Wow - you guys are fast. I just updated and can confirm that the fix works over here in Santa Barbara too.

Thanks for the fast turnaround on this one - I was afraid I might have to use my IR remote for a few days. That would have been rough...

John