Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Random mix and Custom Scan/Browse

I have lots of custom tags in my setup, mainly for classical music. It would be deeply cool to be able to play a random mix based on a combination of these - for example, orchestral baroque music (Scale = Orchestral, Period = Baroque). Anyone know if this is possible?

Edit: wrong forum, drat, although I would want it to work on my Jive
    PC, JRiver/Qobuz, Digital XO, Asus Xonar u7, Restek Sextet, JBL L300
    LMS: 3xBoom, 1xRadio, SB3

Quote Originally Posted by adamslim View Post
    I have lots of custom tags in my setup, mainly for classical music. It would be deeply cool to be able to play a random mix based on a combination of these - for example, orchestral baroque music (Scale = Orchestral, Period = Baroque). Anyone know if this is possible?
    You will need the SQL PlayList plugin and the Dynamic Playlist plugin installed.

When creating a playlist in SQL Playlist there is a template called "Random for mixed tags" this template supports some custom tags, but unfortunately it doesn't support those you mention by default.
    But you can create your own template files for SQL Playlist based on this one.

The following thread gives you some more information:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=38256

If you specify which tags you like to have support for, I'll try to add them to a future version.

Quote Originally Posted by adamslim View Post
    Edit: wrong forum, drat, although I would want it to work on my Jive
    Dynamic Playlist is currently disabled in Jive due to a previous bug in SqueezeCenter which caused it to trash the whole Jive interface.
    But its Jive interface should be enabled again in the next beta release, so you will get Jive support for dynamic playlists eventually.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

Yeah they're custom tags, so it would need to be fully flexible. Feel free to slot it onto your backburner erland
    PC, JRiver/Qobuz, Digital XO, Asus Xonar u7, Restek Sextet, JBL L300
    LMS: 3xBoom, 1xRadio, SB3