Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Rhapsody Files

Rhapsody Files

I can't get my squeezebox to play the music I bought from rhapsody unless I connect with squeezenetwork. It shows the folders but it says they're empty.

You cannot play music purchased and downloaded from Rhapsody, only music available through Rhaspody Direct. The DRM format is different.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    You cannot play music purchased and downloaded from Rhapsody, only music available through Rhaspody Direct. The DRM format is different.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was beginning to think something was set up wrong. If I insert CD's I burned from rhapsody would it recognize them so that I could compile a playlist from them?

Sure, you can always burn and re-rip CDs into FLAC (or whatever other format).

Sure, you can always burn and re-rip CDs into FLAC (or whatever other format).
    Thanks again, now I can begin to fully enjoy this great device. This is turning out to be the best gift I got for xmas.

Andy, I haven't upgraded to the SqueezeCenter beta yet (since we bought an actual Squeezebox my family uses the collection a lot more so I'm not allowed to mess with it as much as I used to, in the name of stability).

I've read that Squeezecenter has better Rhapsody integration; is it still the case that it will be playing Rhapsody tracks via streaming and/or will you be able to integrate Rhapsody tracks with your local tracks?

SC7 lets you play Rhapsody Direct without switching to SN, yeah.