Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

View Poll Results: Does Album Catalogue Creator (RC5+) create a trustworthy output?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 31.58%
  • Yes but with minor issues

27 47.37%
  • No

3 5.26%
  • It does not work at all

9 15.79%
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast
    Just uploaded version 1.3 of Album Catalog Creator on acc.vanholt.nl

Changes are listed on the site.

Frank
    1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xDuet, 3xRadio, Synology 412+ NAS, Devialet 120, Audio Physic Tempo 25 speakers

hello

I can't access to your server to try out your album creator.
    http://acc.vanholt.nl/

Maybe it's down ?

Please let me know.
    HiFi : SqueezeBox3, LMS 7.7.5 on iMac OSX 10.9.5 and SBS V7.5.3 on NAS Synology DS 127+.128, Dac Northstar 192, NAD C320BEE, Triangle AlteaESW.

HC : BD Prime Dune, Denon AVR-1908 (couplÚ au NAD), ALteaESW + 2 vielles biblios Jamo, VP Sony HW10.

None of the links work.

I just sent him a PM about it,

but maybe he's on holiday.
    HiFi : SqueezeBox3, LMS 7.7.5 on iMac OSX 10.9.5 and SBS V7.5.3 on NAS Synology DS 127+.128, Dac Northstar 192, NAD C320BEE, Triangle AlteaESW.

HC : BD Prime Dune, Denon AVR-1908 (couplÚ au NAD), ALteaESW + 2 vielles biblios Jamo, VP Sony HW10.

Still no response from Frank,

hope you're ok, though,

I had an "old" version (1.1), that I tried & it's working great here.

As I have a full back up of my music collection on my windows PC, I did run ACC there rather than from the NAS.

Congrats Frank, it's really a nice program, very usefull indeed.

So far I have properly tagged "only" my Flac files (more than 600 albums), but I will now work with the mp3, a lot of tag work has to be done...

If it's possible, could you please add the option of the codec format used : flac, mp3, wma or whatever.

It could be listed closed to the album or artist name.

Can I filter the Artist ?

I am so far a happy user of 1.5b version of Album Catalog Creator. Thanks Frank.

Two remarks:
    1) Is it possible to add a filter for Artist such that by selecting "A*" I only get the artists starting with A, or by selecting "Jethro T*" I only get my Jethro Tull-albums as ouput ?

2) I have my Album Art separately in files, not as part of the Squeezebox database.
    Both the files and the database is on a Synology NAS.
    What I experience is that when I run AAC I must go through all option windows of ACC, just click OK (all options are already filled in correctly) for ACC to use the external Album Art-files.
    If I just run ACC and click START then the catalog contains No Pictures.
    Is this normal ?

Quote Originally Posted by andrek View Post
    I am so far a happy user of 1.5b version of Album Catalog Creator. Thanks Frank.

Two remarks:
    1) Is it possible to add a filter for Artist such that by selecting "A*" I only get the artists starting with A, or by selecting "Jethro T*" I only get my Jethro Tull-albums as ouput ?

2) I have my Album Art separately in files, not as part of the Squeezebox database.
    Both the files and the database is on a Synology NAS.
    What I experience is that when I run AAC I must go through all option windows of ACC, just click OK (all options are already filled in correctly) for ACC to use the external Album Art-files.
    If I just run ACC and click START then the catalog contains No Pictures.
    Is this normal ?
    Hi AndreK and thanks.

Regarding your first point; I think it is a very interesting idea. What I mean is that it isn't hard at all to implement a filter like you suggest so consider that one added to my to do list. To some extend it is possible using the starting folder option in the main screen.

You're second point is due to an incorrectly set 'Full remote physical path to music share'. Set the starting folder to a single artist folder to make troubleshooting easyer. Press the TEST button n the remote server option screen and an example database entry is displayed on the bottom of the ACC screen. Use this syntax for the 'Full remote physical path to music share' setting.
    The good news is you only have to find out this setting once.

If this does not help you send me an e-mail and I'll contact you and ask for some configuration information.

Frank
    1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xDuet, 3xRadio, Synology 412+ NAS, Devialet 120, Audio Physic Tempo 25 speakers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRS8 View Post
    You're second point is due to an incorrectly set 'Full remote physical path to music share'. Set the starting folder to a single artist folder to make troubleshooting easyer. Press the TEST button n the remote server option screen and an example database entry is displayed on the bottom of the ACC screen. Use this syntax for the 'Full remote physical path to music share' setting.
    The good news is you only have to find out this setting once.
    Frank, I did some further testing and it has to do with the AlbumArtFilename in the Advanced Options, and not with the Remote Server options:
    I use a strange filename Frontmini.jpg for my covers and have also entered that name in the ACC-GUI.
    But every run of ACC I needed to press the OK button on the Advanced Options page, to get these Frontmini.jpg files found.

I have now added this filename in the AlbumCatalogCreator-V1.5b.hta script-file and the Frontmini.jpg-files are found without going through the Options/Advanced Options in the GUI.
    So just run ACC and press Start. I am happy now !
    Strangely enough, when I look the ACC.log file the correct filename is mentioned there, also when no pictures are found.

One other question:
    In the listings for my "Diverse artiesten" CDs (My SqueezeCenter runs in Dutch) ACC does not add the artist (so it lists only Tracknumber - Title).
    I think that this is caused by the fact that SC reports these CDs not as "Various Artists", but as "Diverse artiesten".
    [EDIT: A global Search and Replace in the AlbumCatalogCreator-V1.5b.hta file of "Various Artists" by "Diverse artiesten" fixed it ! ]

I have printed my first complete catalog (~200 pages). I never had such a great looking printed overview of my Music Collection.
    Thank you Frank !
    Last edited by andrek; 2009-10-31 at 13:43.

Quote Originally Posted by andrek View Post
    Frank, I did some further testing and it has to do with the AlbumArtFilename in the Advanced Options, and not with the Remote Server options:
    I use a strange filename Frontmini.jpg for my covers and have also entered that name in the ACC-GUI.
    But every run of ACC I needed to press the OK button on the Advanced Options page, to get these Frontmini.jpg files found.

I have now added this filename in the AlbumCatalogCreator-V1.5b.hta script-file and the Frontmini.jpg-files are found without going through the Options/Advanced Options in the GUI.
    So just run ACC and press Start. I am happy now !
    Strangely enough, when I look the ACC.log file the correct filename is mentioned there, also when no pictures are found.

One other question:
    In the listings for my "Diverse artiesten" CDs (My SqueezeCenter runs in Dutch) ACC does not add the artist (so it lists only Tracknumber - Title).
    I think that this is caused by the fact that SC reports these CDs not as "Various Artists", but as "Diverse artiesten".
    [EDIT: A global Search and Replace in the AlbumCatalogCreator-V1.5b.hta file of "Various Artists" by "Diverse artiesten" fixed it ! ]

I have printed my first complete catalog (~200 pages). I never had such a great looking printed overview of my Music Collection.
    Thank you Frank !
    Hi Andre,

Great to hear you have now good results and thank you for reporting the problem which obviously is a bug which I'll fix in the next release. I also didn't know that SC stores 'various artists' also in a localized language. i would have expected that all database storage would be in english whereas localization would be performed in the GUI. Good to know. Don't know if i'll support the localized languages in the future though considering the effort...but again thanks for the reporting!!!

Length of tracks >1 hour are listed wrongly

Another small issue I found.
    I have some very long tracks on some of my albums.
    Tracks longer than 1 hour are not listed correctly by ACC (v1.5b).

Example:
    Klaus Schulze - The Dome Event has 2 tracks.
    ACC lists them as:
    01 - The Dome Event (3:32) => but correct length is 1:03:32 !
    02 - After Eleven (10:44) => correct

Nothing dramatic, but it would be nice to fix in a next release (if easy).