Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

View Poll Results: Does Album Catalogue Creator (RC5+) create a trustworthy output?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 31.58%
  • Yes but with minor issues

27 47.37%
  • No

3 5.26%
  • It does not work at all

9 15.79%
Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johari62 View Post
    Frank,

I looked into the output again: the script is retrieving the proper cover art from the db, just the server ip is not fully resolved (it's still 127.0.0.1 in the source instead of 192.168.x.y). If I replace the strings in the output file the covers are displayed correctly.

Thanks for the support, Joachim

PS Forget about my prior statement with the mixed up directories. I was wrong - each script writes into its own directory. So this is correct.
    Thanks very much Joachim for sorting that out. Great job. I'll change it in the code.

So can you confirm that RC6-Alt1 works fine for you but RC6-Beta doesn't or does RC6-Beta also works for you but has the same problem?

Can you say something about performance of RC6-Alt1 vs RC6-Beta?

Frank
    1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xDuet, 3xRadio, Synology 412+ NAS, Devialet 120, Audio Physic Tempo 25 speakers

Problems with ODBC

Hi,

I'm having a problem using ACC. I am trying to connect to a remote slimserver running on a QNAP NAS server. What I have done:

1. I have downloaded the ODBC drivers and installed them (I use Windows Vista)
    2. I have ssh'd into the server and changed the my.tt file so that remote connections are allowed.

I have clicked the 'test' button in ACC and it tells me that the connection to the database is successful. However, when I click 'start' I get the following error message:

Error while querying for album data
    Error number: -2147217887
    Error description: ODBC driver does not support the requested features (translated from Danish, so probably not 100% correct)
    Unable to continue. Click OK to quit ACC.

I have downloaded the MySQL query browser and I can connect to the remote database on the QNAP without any problems.

I have looked through the thread but haven't found anyone with a similar error. I hope someone has some ideas on what's causing the error.

Thanks in advance,
    Kasper

I have the same problems. In the acc.log file I can see that it doesn't get to create the table it needs.

/Kuben72

Quote Originally Posted by friediger View Post
    Hi,

I'm having a problem using ACC. I am trying to connect to a remote slimserver running on a QNAP NAS server. What I have done:

1. I have downloaded the ODBC drivers and installed them (I use Windows Vista)
    2. I have ssh'd into the server and changed the my.tt file so that remote connections are allowed.

I have clicked the 'test' button in ACC and it tells me that the connection to the database is successful. However, when I click 'start' I get the following error message:

Error while querying for album data
    Error number: -2147217887
    Error description: ODBC driver does not support the requested features (translated from Danish, so probably not 100% correct)
    Unable to continue. Click OK to quit ACC.

I have downloaded the MySQL query browser and I can connect to the remote database on the QNAP without any problems.

I have looked through the thread but haven't found anyone with a similar error. I hope someone has some ideas on what's causing the error.

Thanks in advance,
    Kasper
    There seems to be a problem in ACC supporting remote Linux servers (a big thanks to forum user parubini for indicating this). It appears that, besides the filesystem, SQL connectivity is also case-sensitive. I'm in the process of fixing the code and hope to post it this week. Please try it if posted and let me know the outcome...

Frank
    1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xDuet, 3xRadio, Synology 412+ NAS, Devialet 120, Audio Physic Tempo 25 speakers

Yep. Changed acc to ACC in the whole script and the Albums.id to albums.id in the create table statement and now it is running like mad on my computer

Edit: How long does it take ?
    Last edited by Kuben72; 2008-05-05 at 13:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuben72 View Post
    Yep. Changed acc to ACC in the whole script and the Albums.id to albums.id in the create table statement and now it is running like mad on my computer

Edit: How long does it take ?
    Yep. That should do the trick. How long it takes depends on your DB size. It make take up to several minutes if you have a few thousand albums. The actual catalog display of the RC6-Alt1 version is slow in comparison to RC6-Beta because it retrieves the album covers by URL directly from squeezecenter but it does support embedded album art though.

EDIT: You may want to narrow the scope for testing by specifying a starting folder in the main screen.

Frank
    Last edited by SilverRS8; 2008-05-05 at 13:23.

'### Iterate through every album by AlbumID
    iAlbumID = rs("AlbumID")
    sql = "SELECT distinct genres.namesort AS 'Genre' FROM albums " &_
    "left join tracks on tracks.album=albums.id " &_
    "left join genre_track on genre_track.track=tracks.id " &_
    "left join genres on genre_track.genre=genres.id " &_
    "Where Albums.ID = " & iAlbumID & " " &_
    "order by genre;"

Should also be changed to:

'### Iterate through every album by AlbumID
    iAlbumID = rs("AlbumID")
    sql = "SELECT distinct genres.namesort AS 'Genre' FROM albums " &_
    "left join tracks on tracks.album=albums.id " &_
    "left join genre_track on genre_track.track=tracks.id " &_
    "left join genres on genre_track.genre=genres.id " &_
    "Where albums.id = " & iAlbumID & " " &_
    "order by genre;"

/Kuben72

The mht file is also wrong. It uses the ip-adress 127.0.0.1 when it should use the ip-adress from the option.

/kuben72

Just posted RC7 (http://www.vanholt.nl/acc/acc.htm) which should fix the issues with remote Linux servers.

I added a new option to use the either the physical album cover files on disc or the album cover files by SqueezeCenter URL reference. The latter one is much slower. Not with generating the actual catalog but only when displaying it as URLs to SqueezeCenter are then resolved. Is does however support embedded cover files in tags.

If you have a remote Linux server, let me know if it works aas I am unable myself to test it.

Frank

I have tried it and it works as long I check the "Use album cover...." option. Otherwise I get a no-cover image for the albums.