A Photo of your Transporter setup, Please!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deaf Cat
    • May 2005

Originally posted by riffer
    Well, I was thinking of maufacturing them and selling for, say, $400 for three
    So you have $2k's worth, and say $700 ea for the extra large ones for the little bits of kit
    $4.1k Wow start knocking them out!!
    Last edited by Deaf Cat; 2008-01-04, 20:45.

Comment

• riffer
      • Oct 2007

Maybe everyone had to sell their digital cameras to pay for their Transporter

Comment

• coupon
        • Dec 2007

This is still a "work in progress"!

Comment

• JeroenRS
          • Jun 2007

Greetings from Amsterdam!
          Last edited by JeroenRS; 2008-01-13, 11:17.
          Transporter - Densen DM 10 - Triple braided Ocos - Dynaudio Contour 2.8

Comment

• welom
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by coupon
            This is still a "work in progress"!
            Hi Coupon!

Is the Transporter directly connected to the Logos 1&2 ?

Comment

• coupon
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by welom
              Hi Coupon!

Is the Transporter directly connected to the Logos 1&2 ?
              Yes. I have tried connecting to the speakers directly. However, I still looking for a matching pre amp to go with my system.

Comment

• welom
                • Oct 2007

What about Goldmund's SR8? Has pretty good analog inputs (in case you need them) and you could bypass the passive crossover inside Logos 1 by using the SR8 built-in filter options (which makes the Logos sound even more impressive)..

Comment

• coupon
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by welom
                  What about Goldmund's SR8? Has pretty good analog inputs (in case you need them) and you could bypass the passive crossover inside Logos 1 by using the SR8 built-in filter options (which makes the Logos sound even more impressive)..
                  Yes. I am still thinking if I should go all digital or keeping an analog pre amp. I am thinking of using the transporter's digital output on the speakers built-in DAC and work it as a full digital system as trial first.

Comment

• welom
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by coupon
                    Yes. I am still thinking if I should go all digital or keeping an analog pre amp. I am thinking of using the transporter's digital output on the speakers built-in DAC and work it as a full digital system as trial first.
                    Give the active-crossover software a try, the analog pre-amp won't be an option any more :-)

Comment

• pnielsen
                      • May 2007

All digital setup

Here's my all digital TacT/Boz setup. The signal is run from the transporter with AES/EBU to the TCS prepro, which in turn runs AES/EBU to the Boz digital amplifiers. Digital all the way from the hard drives to the speaker terminals...

Transporter
                      Vigatec GVC 1280 (video scaler)
                      Sony DVP-S7700
                      Lyngdorf CD-1 http://www.lyngdorf.com/index.php?Itemid=112
                      TacT TCS Mk II http://www.tactlab.com/Products/TCS/index.html
                      Boz 216/2200 http://www.bozaudio.com

The Boz 2200 amps have builtin crossovers (all processing done in the 96/24 digital domain) and each 2-channel amplifier module is used to actively bi-amp each speaker. I use Magnepan 20.1 for the fronts and Magnepan 3.6 for the other channels.

TacT's digital solution is remarkable in the way they handle volume control. Digitally controlling the volume has the disadvantage that signal resolution is gradually lost as the volume is lowered from maximum. TacT has solved the problem by always running the digital signal with full resolution (full volume) to the power amplifiers. Volume control is done by controlling the voltage to the digital PWM Equibit output stage. Consequently, full digital resolution is preserved and an added benefit is that the noise floor will effectively be lowered as the volume setting is lowered.

Peter
                      Last edited by pnielsen; 2008-01-20, 00:38.

Comment

• dem
                        • Nov 2005

I think this might be the most impressive Transporter installation.

:-)
                        Dave
                        Squeezeboxes: 3 (a.k.a. Classic), Duet, Boom

Comment

• bigfool1956
                          • Oct 2007

Flipping heck - 16 subs!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one hell of a system. No mention of the TP in the text though.
                          there is a lofty lonely lohengrinic castle

Comment

• Bizarroterl
                            • Sep 2007

That install, according to Bose, is almost as good as their Lifestyle system.

Comment

• ralphpnj
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by haunyack
                              ok...here's my main Squeeze.
                              Shout out to ralphpnj.
                              Thanks for the photos. Seeing those plain black Vandies really makes me miss my own Vandies. A quick question: is that a subwoofer that you have sitting on the bottom of your rack? And if so, wouldn't it sound better and make for less vibrational interference with your components if the subwoofer was located somewhere else?

Here's a photo of my stereo setup here in The Hague, Netherlands:

Equipment list:

Speakers: Energy Veritas 2.2s on dedicated Energy stands (with spikes) (all brought from US)

Speaker cable: I don't remember the brand but I got them dirt cheap on Ebay. They look like gray garden hose. (brought from US)

Television: Samsung 26" LCD (provided with the apartment)

Stand: a nice tempered glass model (also provided with the apartment)

Digital television receiver (provided with the apartment) - the small silver box just below the television.

DVD/CD player: Oppo DV-981HD - a great little unit which plays just about any 3-1/2" disc one puts in it. Highly recommended. (brought from US)

Transporter (brought from US)

Integrated amp: Cambridge Audio Azur 540A (I picked this unit up here in the Netherlands since I needed a power amp which works on 220 volts and I must say that this little integrated sound pretty good.)

Oh, and that small black thing sitting on top of the right hand speaker (as you're looking at the picture) is the "antenna" for the digital television receiver.
                              Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
                              Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
                              Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
                              Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
                              Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
                              Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
                              Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
                              Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
                              Last.fm

Comment

• yooper
                                • Dec 2006

Running a pair of Odyssey Mono Extreme SE amps, an Odyssey Candela tubed pre and a pair of Salk HT3's which were done in crotch mahogany.

Comment

Working...