Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphpnj View Post
    Looks very clean and simple. About as minimalist as possible. Just out of curiosity - how are the speakers connected to the Transporter?
    The LS50 Wireless is an active speaker system. It has WiFi, ethernet, Bluetooth, USB and optical inputs. It also has an analog input, which is how my Transporter is connected: with a pair of interconnects that go from the analog output into the left and right RCA connectors on the rear of the right speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Pattison View Post
    The LS50 Wireless is an active speaker system. It has WiFi, ethernet, Bluetooth, USB and optical inputs. It also has an analog input, which is how my Transporter is connected: with a pair of interconnects that go from the analog output into the left and right RCA connectors on the rear of the right speaker.
    Thanks! Have you listened using a digital output from the Transporter into the DAC of the LS50? Again just curious.
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by ralphpnj View Post
    Thanks! Have you listened using a digital output from the Transporter into the DAC of the LS50? Again just curious.
    No, I haven't. But I used the speakers initially with a Raspberry Pi running piCorePlayer with a HiFiBerry Digi+ connected to the optical input. The sound was very good - comparable to what I'm hearing now with the analog outputs of the Transporter. So why did I make the switch? Because otherwise, the Transporter would be sitting unused in my basement. That didn't seem right, so I rescued it from storage, and moved the piCorePlayer to another spot in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Pattison View Post
    No, I haven't. But I used the speakers initially with a Raspberry Pi running piCorePlayer with a HiFiBerry Digi+ connected to the optical input. The sound was very good - comparable to what I'm hearing now with the analog outputs of the Transporter. So why did I make the switch? Because otherwise, the Transporter would be sitting unused in my basement. That didn't seem right, so I rescued it from storage, and moved the piCorePlayer to another spot in the house.
    Hi Jim,

most likely a rhetorical question (but I'll give it a try):
    Have you tried the pi with pCP via USB into the Kef's?

Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    Hi Jim,

most likely a rhetorical question (but I'll give it a try):
    Have you tried the pi with pCP via USB into the Kef's?
    When I assembled my first Pi with pCP, I did connect it to my Oppo headphone amp via USB and it worked. But when I tried the same thing later with a newer Pi and a later version of pCP, it didn't. I assume that I could have gotten it working by playing around with various settings on the Tweaks page, but I didn't bother since I knew I'd never use it anyway. For the same reason, I've never tried it with the LS50s.

[Edit] OK, you piqued my curiosity. I just took one of my pCP's with a Pi 3B and the latest version of pCP and plugged it into the LS50s via the USB connection. Once I remembered to change the audio device output setting from HiFiBerry Digi to USB Audio, it worked like a charm with the default values for USB audio tweaks.
    Last edited by Jim Pattison; 2018-12-13 at 12:00.