Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hi Bpa. Thank you very much for your help.

AACplus is WORKING perfectly on SC7 running with Windows Vista!!!

Putting those 3 files in the AACplus folder like you suggested worked perfectly.

Just exploring the wonderful world of AACplus radio. It's nice to actually hear good quality internet radio at last.

Thanks again.

Here is a good source of AACplus streams but you'll need to dig a bit to get the URL.

http://tuner2.com/index.html

Only the "live" streams work.

I followed all of the steps in the AAC wiki and in this thread. I edited all three of the concerned files, and I also created the AACplus folder in plugins and added the custom files there. I also have had the BBC plugin operating perfectly for about 4 months. Still, with all of these steps, I can't get AAC+ streams (e.g. Shoutcast, etc) to play. The most I get is: "Connecting" and occasionally I will get a quick one-second reading of the analog VU meters, and I almost always can see the song title on the Slimserver web page, but I never get audio. Again, the BBC plugin works fine.

Any suggestions?

BTW -- as to the URL's of the streams on the tuner2 site .. just right-click the "Live radio" button and choose "Copy Link Location" (You may already know that though).
    Last edited by NFLnut; 2008-01-22 at 20:40.

The wiki was written for 6.3 and 6.5.1 so it needs to be updated for SC7. I have been putting this off as there have been changes to SC7 which would have meant updating the Wiki often with reviusion specific instructions.

Some SC7 file organisation changes have happened since this thread was written but I think SC7 is now stable enough to update the wiki.

From your description it looks like something wrong with mplayer.

What OS are you running ?
    What rev of SC 7 ?
    What version of AlienBBC have you installed ?
    What is the full path of where mplayer is installed ?

I have never tried a Shoutcast AACplus stream - please use the the test URLs as you may be introducing a second problem. I know how the test URLs behave and especially the MIME info they send.

The methods described in post #10 is the cleanest for SC7. So revert back to the installation conf and strings.txt files.

If you are using Windows follow the instructions for post #10 to get the system into a known configuration. Now describe the symptoms when playing a station.

If you are not using Windows - there needs to be a mod depending on the OS.

Thanks! I got it working with your help. (Sometimes, you have to take the blind back to the water hole they almost drowned in before they'll drink .. ;-D )

One other thing that helped is that I used the new AlienBBC installer for SqueezeCenter and I think that helped to clean things up a bit. I probably had some file in the wrong place somewhere from my manual install.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I haven't tested this with Windows but it works with SC7 on Linux.
    This method only works in SC7.

Essentially in SC7 - if there are "custom" files in a directory in the Plugins folder - they will be read. This avoids having to edit the AlienBBC "custom" file.

1. Stop Slimserver.

2. Attached is a zip file of a directory called AACplus which has 3 "custom" files needed for Windows. Download the attached file and then unzip the file so that you have a directory called

C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\Plugins\AACplus

and in this directory there are just the files custom-convert.conf, custom-types.conf and custom-strings.txt

3. Start Slimserver
    4. Check In Server Settings/Advanced/Filetypes you have 3 entries for AACplus.
    I've tested this with Mac OS's SqueezeCenter and it doesn't quite work. Note that I have AlienBBC and mplayer can successfully transcode the RealPlayer streams.

This is what I see in settings / file types:
    AACplus .... FLAC, mp3, WAV
    The selection boxes beside all three say "Disabled"

Whenever I try to use mplayer with these types, I get the following returned:

Required binary was not found: mplayer for aap-flc-*-*
    Required binary was not found: mplayer for aap-mp3-*-*
    Required binary was not found: mplayer for aap-wav-*-*

Has anyone successfully enabled aacPlus decoding on SC7 on the Mac?
    RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the mysqueezebox.com App Gallery.
    Bonus: our RadioFeeds LMS plugin also lists AAC and the BBC's high-quality HLS streams on top of what's available in our MSB app.
    Now with over 1000 registered users, it's available for Logitech Media Server (and Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter and SlimServer).
    Click for more info: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze

OSX installation needs some special tweaks to find "mplayer".

To overcome this and avoid the need to modify conf files - I have put together a AACplus "plugin" - although it is not really a plugin but using the plugin layout enables separate conf files and a Bin directory for AACplus. The Bin directory has an mplayer.sh like AlienBBC which is used to "find" mplayer.

I'll post the "plugin" shortly and update the wiki instructions.

I've gone into my custom-convert.conf file and swapped the lines for the Linux version but I'm still having trouble selecting mplayer in the settings.

I'm guessing there's more I need to do than simply changing these?
    RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the mysqueezebox.com App Gallery.
    Bonus: our RadioFeeds LMS plugin also lists AAC and the BBC's high-quality HLS streams on top of what's available in our MSB app.
    Now with over 1000 registered users, it's available for Logitech Media Server (and Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter and SlimServer).

This plugin should only be used up to 7.3.2. From 7.3.3 AACplus is part of standard SC and so do not install this plugin

For SC7, to simplify installation of AACplus support, I have created a plugin. It is a "holder" and does nothing but enables all the AACplus files to have their own directories and so editing of conf or strings.txt files is no longer needed.

Mplayer is required to decode the AACplus streams and can be downloaded from http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html

Feedback on the installation instructions (especially for different Linux distros and OSX) is needed so the Wiki can be updated.

For slow AACplus streams (e.g. 48k,64k) - the track titles will appear on the SB displayed but they are delayed by around 5 minutes

Windows Installation.
    1. Download the AACplusWin.zip file
    2. Unzip the contents so that in the SC7 directory server/Plugins/AACplus there is a Plugin.pm and a Bin directory.
    3. If you do not have AlienBBC installed ort mplayer in another Bin directpory of SC7 do the following
    a. Download the non-GUI version of mplayer from http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/rel...w32-1.0rc2.zip
    b. Unzip so that there is mplayer.exe in server/Plugins/AACplus/Bin
    4. Restart Slimserver and check Settings/Advanced/FileTypes that there are AACplus entries and they are enabled.
    5. Test

Linux/OSX Installation
    1. Download the AACplusLinux.tar.gz file
    2. Unzip the contents so that in the SC7 directory Plugins/AACplus there is a Plugin.pm and a Bin directory. Make sure files have correct ownership and permissions especially aacpmplayer.sh in AACplus/Bin - it must be executable.
    3. Install mplayer if you do not have mplayer installed. Use standard OSX mplayer install as th AACplus plugin should find the correct mplayer.
    4. Restart Slimserver and check Settings/Advanced/FileTypes that there are AACplus entries and they are enabled.
    5. Test
    Last edited by bpa; 2009-11-11 at 14:11. Reason: Added note for 7.3.3 support.

Tested on the Mac.
    aacPlus streams now successfully play.
    Thanks, Bryan!