Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    A new beta version of the Dynamic Playlist plugin is now available for SqueezeCenter 7.0.

Dynamic Playlist (2.0.beta04)
    ================
    - Added support Jive interface

If you find bugs or have suggestions about how to change the plugins for SqueezeCenter 7.0, this is the time to mention this.

As usual the plugins are available from my download page:
    http://erland.homeip.net/download

The documentation about the plugins on my wiki will be updated when the final versions of the plugins are released. But until then you will find the old plugin documentation here:
    http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index....ory:SlimServer
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Hi Erland - great work on the Jive support!

However I have noticed that the playlists registered from iTunesPartyShuffle don't show up in Jive.

I added some more logging to your plugin and this seems to be due to a bug in SlimServer - the first call to Slim::Utils::PluginManager->enabledPlugins() doesn't return anything (I vaguely remember hitting this in SlimScrobbler):

[21:36:36.4124] Plugins:ynamicPlayList::Plugin::initPlayLists (684) Searching for playlists
    [21:36:36.4143] Plugins:ynamicPlayList::Plugin::initPlayLists (691) Enabled Plugins are:
    [21:36:36.4155] Plugins:ynamicPlayList::Plugin::registerJiveMenu (1809) Creating Jive Menu
    [21:36:40.0194] Plugins:ynamicPlayList::Plugin::initFilters (829) Searching for filters
    [21:36:40.0230] Plugins:ynamicPlayList::Plugin::initPlayLists (684) Searching for playlists
    [21:36:40.0250] Plugins:ynamicPlayList::Plugin::initPlayLists (691) Enabled Plugins are:Slim::Plugin::Rhapsody::Plugin Slim::Plugin::PreventStandby::PluginSlim::Plugin:: RSSNews::Plugin Slim::Plugin::Visualizer::Plugin Slim::Plugin::Snow::Plugin Slim::Plugin::RadioTime::Plugin Slim::Plugin:ateTime::Plugin Slim::Plugin:igitalInput::Plugin Plugins::IRBlaster::Plugin Slim::Plugin::Live365::Plugin Slim::Plugin::LMA::Plugin Slim::Plugin::InfoBrowser::Plugin Slim::Plugin::Rha...

?

James

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Hi Erland - great work on the Jive support!

However I have noticed that the playlists registered from iTunesPartyShuffle don't show up in Jive.

I added some more logging to your plugin and this seems to be due to a bug in SlimServer - the first call to Slim::Utils::PluginManager->enabledPlugins() doesn't return anything (I vaguely remember hitting this in SlimScrobbler):
    Is this happening when the plugins are loaded at SqueezeCenter startup or are you adding new plugins when SqueezeCenter is already running ?

Are you saying that two calls to enabledPlugins directly after each other give different results ? Is there a bug report for this, if not you should write one.

Or are you doing something in between the enabledPlugins call ?

I had to change one think in this version compared to the previous versions. In the previous versions Dynamic Playlist checked for available 3rd party menus the first time the menu was accessed, with this new version it does it at startup. However, it should do it after all plugins initPlugin method has been called. I currently do this with a timer by using Slim::Utils::Scheduler::add_task, but the goal is to change the SqueezeCenter plugin loading mechanism according to this feature request:
    http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=5968

If you call enabledPlugins inside the initPlugin it might not return all plugins since all plugins might not have been loaded when the initPlugin in the current plugin is called. This is the reason why I use Slim::Utils::Scheduler::add_task.

Another thing that could cause the issue you are seeing is that the Jive menu is currently only refreshed at specific times. As far as I've seen it happens:
    - When the Jive remote is booted
    - When you turn off and on a player with the Jive remote

So if you had already booted the Jive remote and was connected to a player and just restarted SqueezeCenter, I'm not sure this will refresh the jive menu.
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

New beta versions of the Custom Browse and Custom Scan plugins are now available for SqueezeCenter 7.0.

Custom Scan (2.0.beta03)
    ================
    - Corrected plugin loading issue that could cause SqueezeNetwork and Jive firmware download at startup to fail.

Custom Browse (2.0.beta06)
    ================
    - Added some basic Jive support
    - Corrected plugin loading issue that could cause SqueezeNetwork and Jive firmware download at startup to fail.

If you find bugs or have suggestions about how to change the plugins for SqueezeCenter 7.0, this is the time to mention this.

The documentation about the plugins on my wiki will be updated when the final versions of the plugins are released. But until then you will find the old plugin documentation here:

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Is this happening when the plugins are loaded at SqueezeCenter startup or are you adding new plugins when SqueezeCenter is already running ?
    On startup with the plugins previously installed.

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Are you saying that two calls to enabledPlugins directly after each other give different results ? Is there a bug report for this, if not you should write one.
    Yes. The very first call to enabledPlugins always returns nothing. I've just created bug 5993 for this.

I've fixed it for now by just modifying your code to always call enabled Plugins twice.

James

New beta version of the Custom Scan plugin is now available for SqueezeCenter 7.0.

Custom Scan (2.0.beta04)
    ================
    - Corrected so tables aren't deleted during rescan in medium and large libraries

Dynamic Playlists - Name in List and on Player

Hi Erland,

Two parts in "Dynamic Playlists" (just cosmetic - no real problems)

1. I have a SQL Playlsit called "RND Rock & Pop". On Web UI there no problems. But on Player, under Dynamic Playlists the name shows like this "RND Rock & Pop" (shows the playlistname from xml goes 1:1 to the Player UI).

2. I have several multi libraries, e.g. "Rock & Pop" and "Hardrock & Metall". The Library names is as I wrote, but the filename of the libraries like "Hardrock_Metall.ml.values.xml" and "rock_pop.ml.values.xml"
    If you show in Dynamic Playlists it looks the name e.g. for "Rock & Pop" comes from filename - you see "Rock_Pop/" and "Hardrock_Metall/" - and not from the library name (I change the filenames and it was refelcted in Dynamic Playlists).

Both problems I saw in the 6.x. and 7.x version.

Thanks for your work!!!!

Regards,
    Jens

New beta version of my plugins is now available for SqueezeCenter 7.0.

Custom Browse (2.0.beta07)
    Custom Scan (2.0.beta05)
    Custom Skip (2.0.beta02)
    Database Query (2.0.beta02)
    DynamicPlayList (2.0.beta05)
    Multi Library (2.0.beta02)
    SQL Playlist (2.0.beta03)
    TrackStat (2.0.beta02)

See download page for more details regarding changes.

I'm not sure I'm going to have enough time to test through all the plugins in the next couple of weeks.

So if anyone really likes to have official versions instead of beta versions of my plugins ready at the SqueezeCenter 7.0 release date, I would really appreciate any help testing the plugins and finding bugs.

A new beta version of the TrackStat plugin is now available for SqueezeCenter 7.0.

TrackStat (2.0.beta03)
    ================
    - Corrected so functions in backup settings section work in the default skin.