Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Announce: SqueezeCenter 7.0 beta versions of my plugins

I've now started the conversion of all my plugins to SqueezeCenter 7.0. I'll be using this thread for announcing new beta versions for 7.0, when 7.0 is officially released I'll go back to the old announcement threads.

The plugins in question are:
    - Custom Browse
    - Custom Scan
    - Custom Skip
    - Dynamic Playlist
    - Multi Library
    - SQL PlayList
    - TrackStat

To be aware of
    ==============
    If you are willing to participate in beta testing you should be aware of the following:
    - I can't promise that the configuration you make in the beta versions will work in the final versions. Hopefully it will, but you might also have to redo the configuration when the final version is released.
    - I can't primise that any statistics collected with TrackStat during the beta version will be possible to use in the final version. Hopefully it will, but you might also need to restore a backup from before the beta test start.
    - There might be some database table changes in some of the plugins during the beta test period. In the worst case this might result in that you will have to clear the cache directory and perform a full rescan if something goes bad during table changes.
    - I'm planning to do some table changes that might affect the performace, due to this some beta versions might be unusable if you have a large library.
    - Some functionality in the beta versions of the plugin might not have been tested at all.
    - The plugin version might stop to work if you upgrade to a newer nightly build of SqueezeCenter, since the plugin API might change.
    - The final non beta version will be released when SqueezeCenter is a bit closer to its release date.

Note!!!
    If you have never used my plugins before and aren't familiar with the process of installing plugins, I would suggest that you use SlimServer 6.5 and the latest 1.* versions of my plugins instead of these beta versions.

Feedbacks and comments
    =======================
    I'm planning to do some smaller changes in the user interface during the beta testing period, if you have ideas about the user interface please let me know. The change I currently plan is to move all configuration stuff into Server Settings dialog, some of these were earlier accessible directly from the Plugins menu on the SlimServer homepage.

Let me know if you find any bugs or have ideas for new features or changes. You can post your bugs, feature request or change suggestions in this thread or in a separate thread on the 3rd party plugins forum. Remember to mention which plugin and version you are using.

The first plugins now available in 7.0 version are:

Custom Scan 2.0.beta01
    ======================
    - Same functionality as in latest 6.5 release
    - Moved completely into Server Settings dialog

Dynamic PlayList 2.0.beta01
    ===========================
    - Enable/disable menu options moved into Server Settings
    - Favorites settings moved into Server Settings
    - Please note that the dynamic playlists based on TrackStat data will not be available until a beta version of TrackStat is released.

SQL PlayList 2.0.beta01
    =======================
    - If you have old *.sql.values playlist files must be renamed to *.sql.values.xml to be usable in this release
    - If you have old *.sql playlist files must be renamed to *.sql.xml to be usable in this release

As usual the plugins are available from my download page:
    http://erland.homeip.net/download

The documentation about the plugins on my wiki will be updated when the final versions of the plugins are released. But until then you will find the old plugin documentation here:
    http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index....ory:SlimServer
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

Hi Erland,
    thanks for these! I can't get into the player menu of DynamicPlaylists:

[20:17:15.5781] Slim::Buttons::Common:ushMode (1713) Error: Couldn't push into new mode: [Plugins:ynamicPlayList::Plugin] !: Can't locate object method "param" via package "Plugins:ynamicPlayList::Plugin" at Plugins/DynamicPlayList/Plugin.pm line 1005.

James

Thank you. I've missed Trackstat since I switched to 7.0.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Hi Erland,
    thanks for these! I can't get into the player menu of DynamicPlaylists:

[20:17:15.5781] Slim::Buttons::Common:ushMode (1713) Error: Couldn't push into new mode: [Plugins:ynamicPlayList::Plugin] !: Can't locate object method "param" via package "Plugins:ynamicPlayList::Plugin" at Plugins/DynamicPlayList/Plugin.pm line 1005.

James
    Thanks, a 2.0.beta02 is now available where this is corrected.

NOT a Slim Devices Employee kdf's Avatar
    Erland,

For the edit link in sqlplaylist (and perhaps other places ehre it might be used) try using:

Code:
    [% WRAPPER editlink noTarget=1 -%]
      href="[% webroot %]plugins/SQLPlayList/webadminmethods_edititem.html?item=[% playlist.id |uri %]&player=[% player | uri %][% IF pluginWebAdminMethodsRedirect %]&redirect=[% pluginWebAdminMethodsRedirect %][% END %]"
    [%- END %]
    That should give you the pencil graphic where supported, and the "Edit" text where it's not.

The Default skin version is missing the header info, but I'm still trying to figure out how exactly the Default skin has broken away from the typical use of pagetitle and pageheaderInfo

-kdf

NOT a Slim Devices Employee kdf's Avatar
    ok, that didn't take long. the Default skin uses pageHeaderInfo as an override for the grey header box, which is only filled with the page title if there is N pageHEader block.

This can be fixed for your plugin(s) by wrapping the pageHEeaderInfo block in a conditional, rather than using the conditional inside the block, or have an ELSE in side the block to fallback to the page title.

Given that other skins use the pageHeader info for things like status messages, your best option is likely something like this:

Code:
    [% IF pluginSQLPlayListNowPlaying != '' %]
    [%- pageHeaderInfo = BLOCK %]
    		<strong>[% "NOW_PLAYING" | string %]:</strong>
    		<span class="exboldnowplaying">[% pluginSQLPlayListNowPlaying %]</span>
    [% END %]
    [% END -%]

This way, rather than an empty pageHeaderInfo block, it simply doesn't exist if there is nothing to say. Downside is that once you have something in there, the Default skin will drop the page title from the grey header element
    -kdf

Quote Originally Posted by kdf View Post
    Erland,

For the edit link in sqlplaylist (and perhaps other places ehre it might be used) try using:

Code:
    [% WRAPPER editlink noTarget=1 -%]
      href="[% webroot %]plugins/SQLPlayList/webadminmethods_edititem.html?item=[% playlist.id |uri %]&player=[% player | uri %][% IF pluginWebAdminMethodsRedirect %]&redirect=[% pluginWebAdminMethodsRedirect %][% END %]"
    [%- END %]
    That should give you the pencil graphic where supported, and the "Edit" text where it's not.

The Default skin version is missing the header info, but I'm still trying to figure out how exactly the Default skin has broken away from the typical use of pagetitle and pageheaderInfo
    Thanks, that's great.
    I should probably also use the cmdlink wrapper for the Publish button and the removelink wrapper for the Delete button.

Quote Originally Posted by kdf View Post
    This way, rather than an empty pageHeaderInfo block, it simply doesn't exist if there is nothing to say. Downside is that once you have something in there, the Default skin will drop the page title from the grey header element
    -kdf
    I was going to mention this. It seems a bit inconsistent the way this works in default compared to the old skins?
    If you add something in pageHeaderInfo it just shows up in the body of the page in e.g. Classic...

James

New beta versions are now available plus the first beta of the Custom Browse plugin.

SQL Playlist (2.0.beta02)
    ============
    - Corrected loading of playlists from other plugins
    - Corrected bug in playlist caching
    - Corrected collision with Custom Browse plugin in web interface
    - Small adjustments in web interface

Dynamic Playlist (2.0.beta03)
    ================
    - Small adjustments in web interface

Custom Scan (2.0.beta02)
    ===========
    - Added Mixed Tag scanning module which was excluded by accident in last release.

Custom Browse (2.0.beta01)
    ================
    - Moved settings to Server Settings
    - Settings link in bottom might be removed in future, I haven't made up my mind regarding that yet.
    - New Default skin doesn't work correctly yet, there are a lot of issues with this so the default skin is barely usable in this version.

As usual the plugins are available from my download page:
    http://erland.homeip.net/download

The documentation about the plugins on my wiki will be updated when the final versions of the plugins are released. But until then you will find the old plugin documentation here:
    http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index....ory:SlimServer

A new Custom Browse beta is now available that actually works:

Custom Browse (2.0.beta02)
    ================
    - Moved settings to Server Settings
    - Settings link in bottom might be removed in future, I haven't made up my mind regarding that yet.
    - New Default skin doesn't work correctly yet, there are a lot of issues with this so the default skin is barely usable in this version.
    - Corrected major bug in beta01 which made the web interface crash directly.