Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My favourite thing so far: getting to work this morning to find an invitation in my inbox. Cheers guys!

But... if your intention is to sell the device, it's probably not a good idea to give away hardware to all and sundry! ;-)

Matthew :-D

Quote Originally Posted by mflint View Post
    My favourite thing so far:
    But... if your intention is to sell the device, it's probably not a good idea to give away hardware to all and sundry! ;-)

Matthew :-D
    I would not mind that at all...looks almost like folks like me without one are becoming the minority on this forum

peter

Quote Originally Posted by mflint View Post
    No idea on the actual figures, but i think the forum membership would be a tiny fraction of the actual customer base. And if there is going to be a huge marketing push for any new device (why wouldn't there be?) then that ratio is going to get even smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    No idea on the actual figures, but i think the forum membership would be a tiny fraction of the actual customer base. And if there is going to be a huge marketing push for any new device (why wouldn't there be?) then that ratio is going to get even smaller.
    Especially if the jive remote will be bundled with a new hardware player (without display)...

-s.

'zactly

Quote Originally Posted by )p( View Post
    I would not mind that at all...looks almost like folks like me without one are becoming the minority on this forum
    peter
    not really, it's just you're peeking inside the Jive section, which contains mostly jave-hardware owners I guess ;-) I'm also peeking (no jive here). Eagerly awaiting official release so I can test this bad boy myself. Some windows (or maybe PDA?) version would be great for some test ride. I read somewhere this was planned along the way.
    Transporter -> Shanling SP-80C -> Dynaudio Audience 122
    ___ └---------------------------> BK Monolith

There is a Jive desktop which can run on Linux and Windows and it appears like Jive remote except you use the keyboard instead of the real buttons.

In another post it was mentioned that it is intended that the Jive desktop will take over from SoftSqueeze.

At present you have to build yourself. Here are the Windows build instructions

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cg...iveOnVCExpress

The general Jive instructions are here - the build instruction for a desktop are a little bit down the page
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?JiveSoftware

Quote Originally Posted by Heimiko View Post
    not really, it's just you're peeking inside the Jive section, which contains mostly jave-hardware owners I guess ;-) I'm also peeking (no jive here). Eagerly awaiting official release so I can test this bad boy myself. Some windows (or maybe PDA?) version would be great for some test ride. I read somewhere this was planned along the way.

Hehe...I guess that is why we peek here...waiting for the official release impatiently

peter
    Last edited by )p(; 2007-10-05 at 02:16.