Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by amcluesent View Post
    >The big problem for non-techie users will be ripping and tagging.<

I guess anyone paying ú9,600 will have 'people' do to these mundane tasks for them ;-)
    That's right. I used to have someone put the discs into my CD12... they had to wear white cotton gloves...
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Twonky??

Quote Originally Posted by haunyack View Post
    FWIW -
    Before I became a SB/Transporter devotee, I used my Onkyo TX-NR801 to stream digital from my computer.
    Their delivery system is called "Net Tune" and is very clunky - almost impossible.
    Some Net Tune users found that the Twonky server was an alternative.
    I could not get Twonky to work reliably on my system, then along came Squeezebox and I have not used the Onkyo for music since.
    If Linn uses the Twonky system I assume the Klimax DS user forum will be rife with angry,disgruntled bickering to the degree that will make some of these threads look like so much bliss.

bump -

Last edited by haunyack; 2007-10-01 at 11:59. Reason: re-write

bump -

I bet they only chose that coz it has a "K" in it... )
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Leigh View Post
    I bet they only chose that coz it has a "K" in it... )
    Good one...I suppose they will acquire Twonky and rename it twonKy.

Good one...I suppose they will acquire Twonky and rename it twonKy.

Aktually I believe that to be a fakt. I still love the way my 5103 has no "K" in it...
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones

Aktually I believe that to be a fakt. I still love the way my 5103 has no "K" in it...
    That's inKredible
    Koincidence ? - onKyo,twonKy, Klimax.

>they had to wear white cotton gloves<

Show me a remote control that is as good as my Butler in switching channels!

Quote Originally Posted by amcluesent View Post
    >they had to wear white cotton gloves<

Show me a remote control that is as good as my Butler in switching channels!
    Oops I forgot...they were Kotton (tm).
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones

Quote Originally Posted by rexflexall View Post
    In response to the wireless or wired issue, Linn wanted reliablility in their products and did not wish to struggle with a clients wireless environment.
    I may ridicule some of Linn's pronouncements from time to time, but in this case I think they have a point. Consider the numerous threads in these forums about dropout problems, and how nearly all of them are eventually traced to wireless networking problems. I think Linn have made a canny decision to avoid any of that headache.

On the other hand, given the disruption that would be caused by routing Cat5e/Cat6 through walls, I suspect that many Klimax owners will end up with the server in the listening room. The background noise from a spinning hard disk (even the quietest type) will overwhelm any subtle advantages to be had from the state-of-the-art DAC and analogue circuitry that I assume is inside the Klimax.
    Transporter -> ATC SCM100A

I'm a Linn devotee (sort of - I love their active speakers and I am devoted to my 5103)...
    Phil, from your postings here you appear to be that very rare animal - a Linn devotee with a sense of proportion (and a sense of humour). Most Linn afficionados get rather tetchy when the infallibility of Ivor and his products is questioned. I applaud your down-to-earth attitude.
    Transporter -> ATC SCM100A