Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Important note about Jive r609+ and the latest SlimServer

In the 9/28 nighly builds, I've made a change to both SlimServer 7 and Jive that cause older Jive firmware to no longer work with the latest SlimServer. If you get a blank Choose Player screen on your Jive, you probably updated to the latest SlimServer before upgrading your Jive. You will need to update your Jive using an older SlimServer before updating to the latest SlimServer. Please follow this procedure to properly update your Jive:

1. Use the nightly build of SlimServer from 9/26 or 9/27 (svn revision 13298).
    2. Restart SlimServer if it's already started to trigger Jive firmware downloading.
    3. After a few minutes, make sure it has downloaded a version of Jive firmware that is r609 (or higher). Look in your SlimServer Cache directory for jive_1_r609.bin.
    4. Connect a player to your SlimServer.
    5. Choose this player on Jive, you should get the firmware upgrade message.
    6. Upgrade your firmware.
    7. After reboot, verify the firmware version by going to Settings -> Controller Settings -> Advanced -> About Jive.
    8. Update SlimServer to the latest nightly or svn version.
    9. If all went well, everything will now work properly again.
    Last edited by andyg; 2007-09-27 at 20:50.

I'm a bit snookered at the moment, I've done the Jive update to r609 but there's no new Windows nightly build so it won't work.

Craig
    MC2Slim - Windows Shell and J River Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

Yeah, that's what i came in too add - why no windows build included again?
    Cheers, auto.

Lounge: Squeezebox 3, Squeezebox Controller, Cambridge Audio 640A, Mission 701's Kitchen: Squeezebox Touch, Trends TA-10.1, Kef Cresta 1's. Bedroom: Squeezebox Boom Bathroom/Garden: Squeezebox Radio Car: iPod Classic 80GB Portable: iPhone 3GS 32Gb (+iPeng)

R609 is working with my windows build from the 26th.

Assuming the Windows hardware is still be rebuilt after the motherboard failure mentioned elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I'm a bit snookered at the moment, I've done the Jive update to r609 but there's no new Windows nightly build so it won't work.

Craig
    Me too becuase there's no debian build either. The new fw doesn't seem to work with the last debian nightly.

Quote Originally Posted by oreillymj View Post
    R609 is working with my windows build from the 26th.
    Posted this elsewhere, but my 26th SS is not working with FW609.

Right, r609 will not work with an older SlimServer pre-9/28. If you've got your Jive updated to r609 you need to get the latest SlimServer. Not sure why the Debian build failed last night, I'll look at getting it built this morning. The Debian build has some other issues such as old dependencies that I have not fixed yet, so you may want to just run from svn.

Andy,

Can you also look at the Windows build, or is the H/W still being re-built.

As a work-around, I downloaded the available Unix gzip and extracted it over my Windows 26th build, then ran it using perl.

Yeah sorry I don't have a Windows build machine here. The box should hopefully be fixed today and we'll build one as soon as it's back up.

No worries. It's bedtime here in Sydney anyway!