Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Changing Music Folders

I originally ripped my entire CD collection (650 discs) in MP3 and now I'm going to do it again in FLAC. I did about 10 and wanted to go and see how they worked with the Squeezebox. I changed the music folder location from the original "music" folder that has my MP3's to a new "FLAC" folder I created. It pretty much had no effect and my entire MP3 library is still accessable. I tried rescanning and even disabling the MP3 files and all of which had zero effect???

I want to make sure everything is working how I want before I spend countless hours re-ripping. It seemed logical that if you changed music folders that everything in the old link would disappear and everything in the new link would reappear and vice versa. Am I missing something??? Thanks.

If your two sets of files are in truly separate folders (i.e one is not a subdirectory of the other), you have no symbolic links between the folders, and you have done a complete clear and rescan (not just a 'changed music' scan), then you ought to be seeing only your new flacs.

davep

Now I'm good. Not sure why it didn't work on the first 20 times I tried to do it? Maybe I didn't wait long enough for it to rescan or something? Thanks.