Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Problems with radio pls files

A month ago i used to listen to internet radio with a .pls file, but now the .pls file won't play. I know there are 4 entries, and winamp finds and plays all 4 channels. Any idea why Slimserver all of a sudden says the playlist is "empty"?

Can you post the URL to the pls file so I can test it?

I have to censure the pls because it's an url for a paid service..

[playlist]
    NumberOfEntries=4
    File1=http://xxx:xxx@81.92.172.3:8000
    Title1=Trance
    Length1=-1
    File2=http://xxx:xxx@128.177.3.80:8000
    Title2=Trance
    Length2=-1
    File3=http://xxx:xxx@160.79.128.22:8000
    Title3=Trance
    Length3=-1
    File4=http://xxx:xxx@160.79.128.22:80
    Title4=Trance
    Length4=-1
    Version=2

No problem, di.fm I assume?

That playlist should work, the only thing that may cause a problem is if the proper content-type is not being returned.

A debug log from SlimServer would be helpful since I can't test this myself...I should really get an account I guess. Enable the following debug flags: d_scan, d_parse, and d_directstream, then try to play the playlist again, then view /log.txt in your browser. Make sure to x-out the login info on the URLs and paste the results back.

Its di.fm

This is the last errors, and i guess they might give you a clue:
    Aysnc: No DNS servers responded, falling back to OpenDNS server 208.67.222.222.
    UPnP: Error adding multicast membership, UPnP may not work properly: Unknown error

The other are some errors for invalid path, but that shouldn't have anything to say i guess.

This might also give tou a clue:
    ERROR: Error executing 'INSERT INTO playlist_track (playlist, position, track) VALUES (?, ?, ?)': DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`slimserver/playlist_track`, CONSTRAINT `playlist_track_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`track`) REFERENCES `tracks` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE) at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.

ERROR: Backtrace follows:

Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 773)
    frame 1: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::_execute (C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 788)
    frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::insert (C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Row.pm line 75)
    frame 3: DBIx::Class::Row::insert (C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/PK/Auto.pm line 43)
    frame 4: DBIx::Class::PK::Auto::insert (C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm line 1335)
    frame 5: DBIx::Class::ResultSet::create (C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server/Slim/Schema/Playlist.pm line 108)
    frame 6: Slim::Schema::Playlist::_addTracksToPlaylist (C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server/Slim/Schema/Playlist.pm line 45)
    frame 7: Slim::Schema::Playlist::__ANON__ (/<C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe>DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 584)
    frame 8: (eval) (/<C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe>DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 572)
    frame 9: DBIx::Class::Schema::txn_do (C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server/Slim/Schema/Playlist.pm line 46)
    frame 10: (eval) (C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server/Slim/Schema/Playlist.pm line 39)
    frame 11: Slim::Schema::Playlist::setTracks (/<C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe>Slim/Player/Playlist.pm line 757)
    frame 12: Slim::Player::Playlist::modifyPlaylistCallback (/<C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe>Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1645)
    frame 13: (eval) (/<C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe>Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1645)
    frame 14: Slim::Control::Request::notify (/<C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe>Slim/Control/Request.pm line 751)
    frame 15: Slim::Control::Request::checkNotifications (slimserver.pl line 469)
    frame 16: main::idle (slimserver.pl line 35)
    frame 17: PerlSvc::Startup (perlsvc line 850)
    frame 18: PerlSvc::_startup (slimserver.pl line 0)
    frame 19: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)

ERROR: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): Error executing 'INSERT INTO playlist_track (playlist, position, track) VALUES (?, ?, ?)': DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`slimserver/playlist_track`, CONSTRAINT `playlist_track_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`track`) REFERENCES `tracks` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE) at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.

ERROR: Backtrace follows:

Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Schema::throw_exception (/<C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe>DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 606)
    frame 1: DBIx::Class::Schema::txn_do (C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server/Slim/Schema/Playlist.pm line 46)
    frame 2: (eval) (C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server/Slim/Schema/Playlist.pm line 39)
    frame 3: Slim::Schema::Playlist::setTracks (/<C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe>Slim/Player/Playlist.pm line 757)
    frame 4: Slim::Player::Playlist::modifyPlaylistCallback (/<C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe>Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1645)
    frame 5: (eval) (/<C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe>Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1645)
    frame 6: Slim::Control::Request::notify (/<C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe>Slim/Control/Request.pm line 751)
    frame 7: Slim::Control::Request::checkNotifications (slimserver.pl line 469)
    frame 8: main::idle (slimserver.pl line 35)
    frame 9: PerlSvc::Startup (perlsvc line 850)
    frame 10: PerlSvc::_startup (slimserver.pl line 0)
    frame 11: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)

Hmm there should be more in the log about scanning the URL, parsing the playlist, etc. Did you enable the debugging settings?

I did enable d_parse, d_directstream and d_scan.

And i have looked through all of the log and there are no entries about searching for URL's.

EDIT: If i take a single URL and play it with the "Internet radio" function in slimserver it works fine. The problem is clearly due to a problem for the slimserver to "read" the playlist, and not a connection failure.