Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NiceCast and intranet streaming to squeezebox

I am attempting to stream audio from my Safari browser or streams from iTunes on my mac to my squeezebox through slim network. I have been attempting to use NiceCast and use the intranet address to start playing the stream through either one of two methods:
    1) putting the IP address on the play URL on the slim network browser page or ....
    2) creating a playlist with the URL on one of the songs.

Neither of these situations works. It tries to connect but nothing works.

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks

Have you port-forwarded Nicecast's broadcast port in your router?

Are you using your external IP address?

It would be much easier to use SlimServer for this - any reason you're using SqueezeNetwork?
    Current: SB2, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Selling: Transporter
    Sold: SB3, Duet

Nicecast broadcast follow-up

I am using SlimServer with the intranet IP address of http://10.211.55.4:8000/listen for nicecast. I tried forwarding port 8000 on my router to the IP of the Squeezebox but it still times out....

You should port-forward 8000 to the IP of the computer running Nicecast, not the Squeezebox.

Again, is there a reason you're using SqueezeNetwork and not SlimServer? You're making it overly complicated by doing it this way.
    Current: SB2, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)

I am using SlimServer.. I will try that change and follow up

thx

If you use SlimServer, you don't need any port forwarding, just point the radio URL to the internal (LAN) IP address of the computer running Nicecast.

NiceCast includes the IP address to point to and that is what I copy and paste into SlimServer. How should I be pointing the Squeezebox to the computer? I thought it was already pointing to the computer because that is the same LAN location that the SlimServer is running on.....

Presumably Nicecast is running on the same machine SlimServer is running on - in which case in SlimServer you'd just go to Internet Radio - Tune in URL and use either "localhost" as the IP address, "127.0.0.1" or the LAN IP address of SlimServer, which is given at the bottom of the Server Settings - Basic Settings page.

My LAN that I am running the SlimServer on and is the computer where I am trying to stream music from my browser or iTunes to the Squeezebox is 10.0.1.199. If I type that number or localhost or 127.0.0.1 the squeezebox says NOTHING. NiceCast says I should be tuned in to http://10.211.55.4:8000/listen.m3u. When I type this number in, to Tune In URL, it attempts to connect and times out.....

ideas?

by the way the LAN IP of the SlimServer on the webpage is also confirmed at 10.0.1.199