Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LastFM questions

I have installed both the player software of LastFM and the LastFM plugin on my computer and I can play LastFM through my SB3, but I have some questions.

First of all, am I correct that I have to select a genre/artist in the software/player before I can receive that genre on my SB3?

So lets say I want to listen to artists like Tool on my SB I have to open the software and type Tool. When I then turn on my SB and select LastFM, I will hear Tool alike artists? Is that the correct way to do it?

Second, when I play LastFM on my SB the volume is very(!) low. I have to turn the volume way up compared to the rest of internet radio stations or music thru SS. Does anybody know why that is?

And last, the software of LastFM and the plugins don't work together. The player stops when I turn on LastFM on my SB. Is that a known bug?
    Yamaha - Chario - MJ Acoustics - Squeezebox - Beresford

Quote Originally Posted by -Stef- View Post
    First of all, am I correct that I have to select a genre/artist in the software/player before I can receive that genre on my SB3?
    Yes, if you want to listen to a 'similar artists' station, there's no way to enter them directly from the squeezebox itself. You can however play them from the SlimServer web interface, and/or save a favourite station there that is then accessibly from a squeezebox.

Second, when I play LastFM on my SB the volume is very(!) low.
    I've never really noticed this myself, but I would expect it's quite dependent on what sort of setup and music you normally listen to.

And last, the software of LastFM and the plugins don't work together. The player stops when I turn on LastFM on my SB. Is that a known bug?
    It's not really a bug, it's expected behaviour. LastFM will only stream their radio to one place at a time. If you start listening on a Squeezebox the strean to the LastFM player gets cut off and vice versa.

James

I've never really noticed this myself, but I would expect it's quite dependent on what sort of setup and music you normally listen to.
    My setup is as follows: SB3 is connected to my Yamaha receiver through a glass fibre toslink cable. The volume is low at any type of music. Other radio stations and my mp3 library through SS and SN are at a normal level but only LastFM is very low. I don't understand why that is.

BTW, it's low as well when my SB is connected via analogue cables.
    Yamaha - Chario - MJ Acoustics - Squeezebox - Beresford