Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

All of a sudden, Can't find music files

Hey all,

I was over at my folks house this past weekend and they have a problem I could not figure out. They have a SB2 that has been operation flawlessly for a year. I have the SB hooked directly to an old PC of mine that locked up on them while there were out of town for a few months.

I rebooted the PC and everything seemed fine. They reported that when you browse "artist/genre/album" it says "empty"...and indeed it does.

The odd part is, if you browse the music folder, all of the music is there and it works fine!

I uninstalled the software, re-installed it and have the same issue.

Oh, and when you play something using the browse/music folder way, it will then show up in the "artist/album/genere" area of browse.

I have "clear and rescan" about 100 times.....

All of the files are .flac files...

Any ideas or suggestions?

Anythoughts from anyone?

Did you turn on the d_scan debugger in server settings? It seems something is wrong with the scanning process.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmd1 View Post
    Hey all,

I was over at my folks house this past weekend and they have a problem I could not figure out. They have a SB2 that has been operation flawlessly for a year. I have the SB hooked directly to an old PC of mine that locked up on them while there were out of town for a few months.

I rebooted the PC and everything seemed fine. They reported that when you browse "artist/genre/album" it says "empty"...and indeed it does.

The odd part is, if you browse the music folder, all of the music is there and it works fine!

I uninstalled the software, re-installed it and have the same issue.

Oh, and when you play something using the browse/music folder way, it will then show up in the "artist/album/genere" area of browse.

I have "clear and rescan" about 100 times.....

All of the files are .flac files...

Any ideas or suggestions?
    Have you tried to Nuke the prefs file and then do a rescan? Stop SlimServer and then delete the SlimServer.pref file (c:\program files\slimserver\server\) and delete the cache folder (c:\program files\slimserver\cache). After they are deleted, restart SlimServer and do another Clear Library and Rescan Everything.