Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Help - 6.5.2 has killed my SB3

Downloaded 6.5.2 and did the firmware update (to 81 I think) on the player, and now my SB will not play any music that is within ITunes.

I can browse or search albums in there, but when I scroll to the first album track, I get the "Now Playing" message but no music. After about 10 seconds the player switched itself into standby.

It will play albums in c:\...My Music, but nothing from within ITunes, which is where 99% of my music is.

I tried last nights nightly and have also rolled back to 6.5.1 (but didnt get a firmware prompt on the player???).

Can anyone help?

Thanks

When you installed 6.5.2 it should have keep the library location from 6.5.1. Did you try clearing the library and rescanning?

TD

Quote Originally Posted by tyler_durden View Post
    When you installed 6.5.2 it should have keep the library location from 6.5.1. Did you try clearing the library and rescanning?

TD
    i think i have sorted it. well i have narrowed it down to zone alarm.

turned it off and it works. used to work fine with zonealarm before so i will have a play with ZA and see what happens.

thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    i think i have sorted it. well i have narrowed it down to zone alarm.

turned it off and it works. used to work fine with zonealarm before so i will have a play with ZA and see what happens.

thanks anyway
    Upgrading slimserver changes the binary, which probably caused zone alarm to think it was a different program, and blocked it.