Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Announce: Salling Clicker Remote (Windows) - Control your SB from your cellphone

A Salling Clicker script for the Mac has been out for a while but I don't believe anyone has written one for Windows. For those who haven't come across Clicker yet, it's a tool that provides scripted communication between your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone and your PC.

I've posted a Beta release of the script to control SlimServer to the Salling forums here:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5567

This script allows you to do the following, from your mobile phone or PDA:
    - View details of current song including album art and position in song
    - Standard media controls (play, pause, volume, next, previous, etc)
    - Navigate through the current playlist and reorder the playlist
    - Browse and Search by Album, Artist, Genre, Playlist, etc.
    - Switch player on and off

Please read all the notes in the post and let me know if you have any suggestions or issues.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This script relies on the legacy JSON/RPC plugin which no longer comes with the latest release of SC7. Watch this space for updates on a compatible release.
    Last edited by simbo; 2008-06-05 at 06:56. Reason: Important Note added

I've just posted the first Beta release to the Salling forums, which includes new functionality and bug fixes.

Please post any issues or comments you have to either this forum or the Salling forums.

simbo,

Nice work! I've got the beta installed and the clicker remote is on my PDA. Album art is a nice feature. Any possibility to add the Internet Radio / Plugins to the menu options?

Thanks again. I wouldn't be interested in the software without your script for controlling SS.

Thanks for the feedback. At a quick glance, Internet Radio should be do-able, not sure about other Plugins (i.e. those that don't expose a CLI layer) but I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by simbo View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. At a quick glance, Internet Radio should be do-able, not sure about other Plugins (i.e. those that don't expose a CLI layer) but I'll look into it.
    Great - if you could look at MyPicks - it provides some distinct advantages in the editing and managing of playlists. I think the structure of Favorites in SS 7.0 is based on MyPicks

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?MyPicks

Version 0.1.1 is now available from the Salling forums, with some bug fixes and new functionality.

I've started tracking all feature requests (including yours, atlslim) in a text file that's included in the package.

Hi there

I have just installed the Salling Clicker software and are using the slimserver script. You have done an excellent work and i really like this feature for the Squeezebox.

There is just one thing that i would like to see and that is the possibilty to browse by album art. Is it possible to include that in a script?

Best Regards

Kribban

Quote Originally Posted by Kribban View Post
    There is just one thing that i would like to see and that is the possibilty to browse by album art. Is it possible to include that in a script?
    If Salling were to provide the interface then I would most certainly include this functionality in the script. I might raise the question on the Salling forums and see what response I get.

Does this no longer work for Squeezecenter 7.0? Is there a new script to use with 7.0 out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mpie View Post
    Does this no longer work for Squeezecenter 7.0? Is there a new script to use with 7.0 out yet?
    I haven't done a full regression test but the script should work fine on SC7. Just make sure you switch on the "XML-RPC/JSON-RPC Interface" plugin. If you find any issues let me know.