Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Where to buy in New York?

Hi,

I'm popping over to NY City from the UK in a couple of months. Lucky for us Brits that the pound is very strong against the dollar right now, so i plan to bag a few gadgets while there including my second SB3.

Can any of the New Yorkers tell me which stores are worth visiting to buy an SB3?

Thanks.
    Last edited by autopilot; 2007-05-07 at 15:11.
    Cheers, auto.

Lounge: Squeezebox 3, Squeezebox Controller, Cambridge Audio 640A, Mission 701's Kitchen: Squeezebox Touch, Trends TA-10.1, Kef Cresta 1's. Bedroom: Squeezebox Boom Bathroom/Garden: Squeezebox Radio Car: iPod Classic 80GB Portable: iPhone 3GS 32Gb (+iPeng)

PhilNYC is in the New York area.

With the pound so strong , you could always buy a TP and sell for a profit in the UK :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tomjtx View Post
    PhilNYC is in the New York area.

With the pound so strong , you could always buy a TP and sell for a profit in the UK :-)
    Yes, that did cross my mind, but that could be dangerous. Problem is, once i got it home i think i would struggle to part with it
    Cheers, auto.

Lounge: Squeezebox 3, Squeezebox Controller, Cambridge Audio 640A, Mission 701's Kitchen: Squeezebox Touch, Trends TA-10.1, Kef Cresta 1's. Bedroom: Squeezebox Boom Bathroom/Garden: Squeezebox Radio Car: iPod Classic 80GB Portable: iPhone 3GS 32Gb (+iPeng)

Quote Originally Posted by autopilot View Post
    Yes, that did cross my mind, but that could be dangerous. Problem is, once i got it home i think i would struggle to part with it
    Yes, that is the downside. :-)

http://www.slimdevices.com/au_resellers.html#newyork looks like a start. Tekserve is a huge store and if you're a Mac fan they sell a lot of Apple gear too, which I imagine is also dirt cheap right now.

From what I understand, pretty much any consumer electronics should be a great deal right now. And CDs. You can get new CDs for 6 or 7 pounds.

This crossed my mind too (should be there about the same time as Autopilot). Don't need any more SB3's for myself, but it might make a decent present for my folks.

Fortunately I'm spending a week with some family in Houston as well, so NewEgg and Amazon might be getting a visit from my MasterCard

I live here and I got mine straight from Slim Devices. There are plenty of places selling Roku and a fair number selling Sonos, but I haven't seen an SB anywhere.

Watcher of the Windows build
    I also live in NYC and ended up buying it online from SD. I tried Tekserve at the time, but they only had an old model and it took them a while to figure out what I wanted. If you go to Tekserv remember to take a number so that a counter person can assist you. Otherwise you'll be trapped... completely surrounded by a bunch of iPoders. Imagine the HORROR!