Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

6.3.1 forces firmware downgrade to version 55

I have the latest SlimServer 6.5.2 on my PC and this has upgraded my Squeezebox to firmware version 76. However on a Linux box I have SlimServer 6.3.1 running and when I connect my Squeezebox it insists on downgrading the firmware to version 55 and then does a factory reset. How can I stop my Squeezebox trying to downgrade the firmware every time I switch between the two servers?

- Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by brookheather View Post
    I have the latest SlimServer 6.5.2 on my PC and this has upgraded my Squeezebox to firmware version 76. However on a Linux box I have SlimServer 6.3.1 running and when I connect my Squeezebox it insists on downgrading the firmware to version 55 and then does a factory reset. How can I stop my Squeezebox trying to downgrade the firmware every time I switch between the two servers?
    Replace the contents of the /server/firmware folder on the 6.3.1 machine with that on the 6.5.2 machine.

server versions are matched with a particular firmware version. You might get unexpected results from using fw76 with 6.3.1

Or make both SlimServer versions the same. Is there a reason why they're different? And is there a reason you're running it across two machines?
    Current: SB2, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Selling: Transporter
    Sold: SB3, Duet