Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Slimserver Pepperpad 3 update

Just a little update for those few folks thinking about the Pepperpad as a slim controller. I've been very impressed by the slimfx flash based skin mentioned elsewhere and wondered how it would work on the pad. Not at all was the answer to begin with since it requires Flash 9...however there are some instructions on the Pepper forums about doing a manual update...and now it works.Really well. Early days so not sure if i will use it instead of Touch but its certainly impressive so far...

gandt

very cool, very cool.

in no way do I want to "compete" with the fine work that's being done with slimfx, but make sure to give Touch a try when 7.0 comes out. I've put in a bunch of enhancements, most notably on the 1-by-1 arwork browsing.

I'm kind of surprised the PepperPad3 doesn't receive more buzz...it seems so nicely designed, esp. with the IR + WiFi thing going for it. Maybe it's the price point that scares people off.

#!/ben
    Former Logitech Developer: Squeezeplay/SqueezeOS/SqueezeboxController/SqueezeCenter
    Community Developer: Nokia770Skin (r.i.p.)

http://www.last.fm/user/bklaas/

well...

Ive been through a real love hate thing with it but it would take very little for me to adore it - just a few tidy ups. As a living room based "internet email thingy" its pretty fabulous.

gandt

Quote Originally Posted by bklaas View Post
    make sure to give Touch a try when 7.0 comes out. I've put in a bunch of enhancements, most notably on the 1-by-1 arwork browsing.
    What the heck is Touch? I've tried googling with no luck...

Touch is a Slimserver skin designed for touchpad devices.

See SlimServer Server Settings - Interface - Web Interface - Touch.
    Current: SB2, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Selling: Transporter
    Sold: SB3, Duet