Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: wrong order

wrong order

when broswing if i add a whole album to the now playing playlist it doesn't add the songs in the album order? files are all tagged correctly with the right track #. how can i make them get added in the album order?

That will be because you were Browsing Music Folder, not Browsing Albums.

In BMF SS pays no attention to tags but just looks at the file names and shows them in alphabetical order.

Two solutions:

(1) Browse Albums instead of Browse Music Folder

(2) Rename your files so that they are in the right order when looked at alphabetically, eg by having "01 - Songname.flac" as the file name (this also has the advantage that songs will show up in the right order in your file system browser). You can almost certainly persuade mp3tag to do this to your whole library in one action.

HTH
    Ceejay

Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    That will be because you were Browsing Music Folder, not Browsing Albums.

In BMF SS pays no attention to tags but just looks at the file names and shows them in alphabetical order.

Two solutions:

(1) Browse Albums instead of Browse Music Folder

(2) Rename your files so that they are in the right order when looked at alphabetically, eg by having "01 - Songname.flac" as the file name (this also has the advantage that songs will show up in the right order in your file system browser). You can almost certainly persuade mp3tag to do this to your whole library in one action.

HTH
    Ceejay
    thanks for the reply.
    but this happens no matter where i browse and add the album from. and the file names of the music do include the track # (04 Judith.mp3)

is there a setting somewhere that controls this behavior?

If you're not using MBF then SS will look at the tags. If you're not getting the order you expect then look closely at the tags. As you have mp3s, do you perhaps have multiple tag types in your files?

Ceejay

Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    If you're not using MBF then SS will look at the tags. If you're not getting the order you expect then look closely at the tags. As you have mp3s, do you perhaps have multiple tag types in your files?

Ceejay
    the tags in the files are all correct and they are all of the same type. i can't rally say when this all started because i usually don't add full albums to a playlist but i can say that slimserver hasn't always acted like this. i have added complete albums in the past and have had them displayed in the now playing list in the proper order. anything else i should be looking at?

Checked setting of Shuffle?

Quote Originally Posted by snarlydwarf View Post
    Checked setting of Shuffle?
    Shuffle was on!....i knew i was doing something stupid.
    thanks!