Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

SB 3 stops playing

I've had the SB for about two months now. Every once in while it stops playing. It sometimes stops for a while then starts again, then sometimes stops for a second then starts again. Any suggestions? I don't know what to do.

Try http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cg...formanceIssues and post the log output from the second part here.
    Current: SB2, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Selling: Transporter
    Sold: SB3, Duet

This is what Network performance I get when I go to plug ins. Is that what you were asking me to do?

128-100%

320-100%

1000-100%

1500-100%

The Sqeezebox depends on a regular supply of bits from the computer where you store your music. There is a fair chance that the interruptions are on your PC's side of things.

Is your PC a general use box that gets used for other things? There are not only programs that you are actively running but there are a lot of background programs and maintenance things that PC's do on their own. Next time your SB quits, it wouldn't hurt to see what the PC was up to at that moment in time. It may be something simple like not running your company's month-end account closing while you listen to music <g>, or it may be a background thing that you can reschedule so as not to conflict with your listening.

Quote Originally Posted by jtwrace View Post
    This is what Network performance I get when I go to plug ins. Is that what you were asking me to do?

128-100%

320-100%

1000-100%

1500-100%
    Go further than that, but what's more important is that second part, the Server and Network Health.
    Current: SB2, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Selling: Transporter
    Sold: SB3, Duet