Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Announce: GoalRush (UK football scores screensaver)

In a thread two weeks ago, 'mervyn' suggested a plugin to display UK football scores.

I suggested that it wouldn't be too hard to parse a webpage at the BBC. And I was right - it wasn't hard. But plumbing it into a SlimServer screensaver... well that was more difficult!

Anyway, here it is.

It's very basic, and works only as a screensaver. The up/down buttons scroll through all the goal-flashes (with item #1 in the list being the most recent). Every 10 seconds the displayed line will advance (unless the most recent item is already being displayed) and every two minutes it'll fetch an updated list of stuff from Auntie Beeb.

I may enhance it further, but then again I may not. ;-)

Matthew

Goalrush stopped working

A few days ago GoalRush decided to just display a blank screen with "GOALRUSH" in the top left.

Is this just me or anyone else experiencing this?

I've done the usual - checked folder/file locations, restarted SlimServer (several times) and reinstalled GoalRush but still nothing.

The only other 3rd party plugins I use are SaverSwitcher (which works fine) and LiveDepartures (ditto).

Any help would be most appreciated.

Simon.

Erm, sorry Simon, I don't have any immediate suggestions. Looking at the code (for the first time in six months) there's not much debugging in there. :-(

I'll try it out at home later and hope to have an answer then - I haven't used it myself for a while.

Matthew

Goalrush stopped working

Same here. I upgraded to latest version recently, i.e. SlimServer Version: 6.5.4 - 12568 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252. Don't think I've tried it since then.

Steve

I haven't upgraded -

SlimServer Version: 6.5.3 - 12376
    Windows XP - EN - cp1252

Simon
    Last edited by Raptor; 2007-09-11 at 23:48. Reason: Just wrong!!

Time has only allowed for a quick investigation, but it looks like the HTML content of the BBC Videprinter page has changed slightly.

There always was the possibility that it'd suddenly break. (Same goes for LiveDepartures too)

I'll try to get a fixed version up soon.

Matthew

Sorry for the delay chaps. There's a new version here:

http://insignificant.org/wiki/index.php/GoalRush

Feedback welcome, as always :-)

Matthew

Fancy making this an addon for InfoBrowser so people can read it on jive? http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cg...rmationBrowser

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Fancy making this an addon for InfoBrowser so people can read it on jive? http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cg...rmationBrowser
    Ooh, I don't see why not.

I've been putting off investigating both SS7 and Jive, for fear that it'll take up even more time that I don't have :-) But I think it's overdue.

I do need to make my plugins SS7-compatible, and I'd hope the API is stable enough now...

Matthew

Many thanks for the repair - all now working fine.

I naively thought it would be a minor amendment but being a coder (not a perler) and having looked at the before and after code it obviously wasn't that straightforward.

Still, GoalRush and LiveDepartures have inspired me to look into knocking up something myself, don't all hold your breath though... ;-)

Simon.