Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Quote Originally Posted by t3sn4f2 View Post
    Even if the files are on my hard drive and within the 30 day window that they will play from the computer before they need to have the DRM license refreshed? Would I then still have to be logged into Rhapsody at the time I want to play those files?

Thanks,

Frank
    I think you are confusing the situation. Can't do the above with Squeezenetwork which is all internet based...no use of your local pc....thus the value of squeezeboxnetwork...no need for the PC to stream internet based radio stations and other premium ondemand services like Rhapsody and Pandora.

For what you want to do you need to ask your question in some of the other subforms here, but I do believe that there have been some folks that have managed to play their "downloaded and licensed" rhapsody files via their PC through a Slimserver running on the same PC that is licensed and running the rhapsody software as well. Try some searching first, and then ask your question..perhaps someone here on this subforum can recommend the best subforum to start rather than posting the same question on multiple subforums....

Quote Originally Posted by d_anders View Post
    I think you are confusing the situation. Can't do the above with Squeezenetwork which is all internet based...no use of your local pc....thus the value of squeezeboxnetwork.....I do believe that there have been some folks that have managed to play their "downloaded and licensed" rhapsody files via their PC through a Slimserver running on the same PC that is licensed and running the rhapsody software as well.
    You can play Rhapsody content WITHOUT using Squeezenetwork, using your local PC. What's confusing is that you actually aren't playing the files on your hard drive, even if you have downloaded them: it is streaming them over the internet. You DO have to have the Rhapsody client running, and you have to have UPnP enabled on the Rhapsody client. But through Slimserver it's always going to the internet to get the material, whether you've added it to your library by downloading the file, just added it to your library list without downloading it (i.e. via the Rhapsody web client), or if it's not in your library at all (you have access to ALL Rhapsody tracks).

I believe you don't have to run the Rhapsody client on the same machine as Slimserver, just on your local network, but I do it on the same machine so can't speak to the other method with experience.