Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I have to establish some credit before PMing is unlocked?
    It helps

I think you want this bloke, "Honest Joe, your friendly fixer"

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?100006-Replace-VFD-Display&p=828808&viewfull=1#post828808

ronnie

and welcome, stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    You haven't set it to 100% volume in player settings audio have you?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    No. In SQUEEZEBOX HOME > SETTINGS > AUDIO > VOLUME ADJUSTMENT it doesn't make any difference which option I select: SMART GAIN (which is what it was set at); TRACK GAIN; ALBUM GAIN; or NO ADJUSTMENT; when I go back out to SQUEEZEBOX HOME > SETTINGS > AUDIO > VOLUME, I still can't budge the sound level despite moving the displayed volume setting from "Muted" to "100" and back.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigander View Post
    No. In SQUEEZEBOX HOME > SETTINGS > AUDIO > VOLUME ADJUSTMENT it doesn't make any difference which option I select: SMART GAIN (which is what it was set at); TRACK GAIN; ALBUM GAIN; or NO ADJUSTMENT; when I go back out to SQUEEZEBOX HOME > SETTINGS > AUDIO > VOLUME, I still can't budge the sound level despite moving the displayed volume setting from "Muted" to "100" and back.
    Isn't there a setting like the attached image? There is for the Touch but I don't know about others.

Most of the SB Classic / SB3 is software controlled so a software issues is most likely cause. Try doing a xilinx reset.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Isn't there a setting like the attached image? There is for the Touch but I don't know about others.

No such setting that I can find in the Squeezebox Classic.

No such setting that I can find in the Squeezebox Classic.
    I found a thread in the Audiogon forum saying that it was possible to set the SB3/Classic to 100% volume.
    https://forum.audiogon.com/discussio...ouch-and-other
    Can you post a screenshot of the Audio settings page in LMS?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Most of the SB Classic / SB3 is software controlled so a software issues is most likely cause. Try doing a xilinx reset.
    I take it a "xilinx reset" is what the manual terms a "factory reset". I had done that, or at least done as much of it as I could, already. It made no difference. I've just done it again (and again, it didn't work quite the way the instructions said it should*), and it's again made no difference.

*The manual states,

"How do I reset Squeezebox to factory default settings?
    Plug the power connector into Squeezebox while holding down the ADD
    button on the remote until you see the Set Up Networking prompt."

Which I've done, but the Set Up Networking prompt never appears while I'm holding down the ADD button on the remote. Instead, the display flashes "factory reset", then some portion of the left hand side of the Logitech logo and name, over and over. When I let go the ADD button, then I do see the prompt for Set Up Networking. Misbehaviour on the part of the Squeezebox or just poor editing of the manual?

(I agree, it looks like a software or configuration error, not a hardware fault, but how can I make progress?)

I take it a "xilinx reset" is what the manual terms a "factory reset".
    No, it’s not.
    To reset the Xilinx (chip?) you’ll have to hold the „1“ on the remote control while powering up again.
    At least I think it’s the „1“.

See http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...et_and_Last_FW for how to force the Xilinx reset (not the same as Factory Reset).
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    No, it’s not.
    To reset the Xilinx (chip?) you’ll have to hold the „1“ on the remote control while powering up again.
    At least I think it’s the „1“.
    Aha. Thank you.

I've now done a Xilinx reset: held '1' key on remote, inserted power lead into Squeezebox, waited for "programming xilinx" to disappear, saw Logitech logo appear, released '1' key, went through setup sequence; volume still stuck at 100% no matter where I set it with the remote.