Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mc76
    • Nov 2006

upgraded to 6.5.0 - no more RSS feeds and radio

After updating to the last version of Slimserver ( SlimServer Version: 6.5.0 - 9916 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252 ), I am no longer able to view the RSS via the plugin or listen to internet radios, because when I try, the SB3 shows "Fetching..." and stays there forever( the only solution is to restart SlimServer )

After searching the forums, I started the server with the --d_http_async option

2006-11-15 22:12:20.4306 Async: Verifying if we can use nameserver 127.0.0.1...
    2006-11-15 22:12:20.4307 Testing lookup of www.google.com

So it appears it is trying to find a DNS server at 127.0.0.1

When I try for example to search for the radio stations the log shows:

2006-11-15 22:13:53.7033 SimpleAsyncHTTP: GETing http://www.slimdevices.com/picks/radio.opml
    2006-11-15 22:13:53.7455 Async: Starting async DNS lookup for [www.slimdevices.com] using server [127.0.0.1] [timeout 5]

Some details about my network config: since I am not able to share my internet through a router, I am using ICS to connect the SB3 directly to the internet. Apparently ICS is working, the SB3 is given an IP Address, and I can listen to the music without any problem. But no RSS or Internet radios...

Probably If I could tell SlimServer to use the ICS PC address (192.168.0.1) for the DNS, or My ISP DNS servers, all would work...

I understand the general concepts of the network, but I don't know if this is possible.

Does anyone had similar problems and was able to solve it ?

Thanks in advance

Michele
  • mc76
    • Nov 2006

upgraded to 6.5.0 - no more RSS feeds and radio

Nevermind, I solved the problem. I did again the configuration of the Windows XP ICS and now Slimserver is using the DNS 192.168.0.1, and it's all working. Anyway, I don't understand why Slimserver does not use the DNS of my ISP, like the "nslookup" utility does.

Comment

• MattW
      • Nov 2006

RSS Feeds

I've also just upgraded to this version and have lost RSS feeds. Everything else works but when the screen saver comes on for the feeds it just sits there with "Please Wait, Requesting Feed". The network is pretty standard, the software is running on a PC that's left permanently on, uses DHCP, serves up the music correctly and can connect to the internet on it's own.

I've tried most things I know of, resetting the network connection on the PC, re-entering the network details on the SB3, rebooting the DHCP server but still nothing. If I connect to SqueezeNetwork and manually choose RSS feeds they show up just fine.

Any help/pointers would be appreciated. After 2 years of using Slim, this is the first problem I have ever encountered - an indication of how good this product is.

Thanks,

matt

[edit]

Strangely RSS feeds have now started to work, I've not changed anything on the server or network so I'm not sure what the problem was. Must have been a local network issue I presume.

[/edit/
      Last edited by MattW; 2006-11-18, 13:57.
      ---
      Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Comment

• RainmanRam
        • Sep 2006

Hmmm. I've been using 6.5 fine with RSS feeds until about 24 hours ago. I alwayss run rss feeds when not listening to music and they've always worked fine until a day ago. I have not changed anything in my network so I don't suspect a configuration problem.

Thoughts?

Comment

• deeluk
          • Dec 2006

Ditto here. I've been using the RSS feed since I got my Squeezebox about a week or two ago. A couple of days ago, it just stopped working. Nothing changed in my environment. What gives?

Comment

Working...