Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Playlists pointing to network drives.

Hi!

I recently installed Slimserver using it with Winamp and Squeezesoft. Everything works fine except that Slimserver won't read from my network disks. Locally attached disks work fine and the content are read to Slimservers db without any problems.

I'm running

SlimServer Version: 6.5.0 - 9916 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
    Server IP address: 10.10.10.5
    Perl Version: 5.8.7 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

The start of my playlist looks like this:

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:243,10CC - Don't Ask
    L:\MP3\Album complete\#\10CC - 10 Out Of 10\01 - Don't Ask.mp3
    #EXTINF:205,10CC - Overdraft In Overdrive
    L:\MP3\Album complete\#\10CC - 10 Out Of 10\02 - Overdraft In Overdrive.mp3
    #EXTINF:307,10CC - Don't Turn Me Away
    L:\MP3\Album complete\#\10CC - 10 Out Of 10\03 - Don't Turn Me Away.mp3

The playlists that work fine lokk all the same.
    Any suggestions?

TheScrutinizer :->

Quote Originally Posted by TheScrutinizer View Post
    Hi!

I recently installed Slimserver using it with Winamp and Squeezesoft. Everything works fine except that Slimserver won't read from my network disks. Locally attached disks work fine and the content are read to Slimservers db without any problems.

I'm running

SlimServer Version: 6.5.0 - 9916 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
    Server IP address: 10.10.10.5
    Perl Version: 5.8.7 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

The start of my playlist looks like this:

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:243,10CC - Don't Ask
    L:\MP3\Album complete\#\10CC - 10 Out Of 10\01 - Don't Ask.mp3
    #EXTINF:205,10CC - Overdraft In Overdrive
    L:\MP3\Album complete\#\10CC - 10 Out Of 10\02 - Overdraft In Overdrive.mp3
    #EXTINF:307,10CC - Don't Turn Me Away
    L:\MP3\Album complete\#\10CC - 10 Out Of 10\03 - Don't Turn Me Away.mp3

The playlists that work fine lokk all the same.
    Any suggestions?

http://faq.slimdevices.com/index.php...=99&artlang=en
    Last edited by azinck3; 2006-11-06 at 12:52.

Thanx for answering. I understand I have a small challenge with this one. Using the UNC method didn't work either.

Thanx for answering. I understand I have a small challenge with this one. Using the UNC method didn't work either.

Bummer .

I don't really use playlists much, and certainly not in the unconventional way that you're attempting to use them, but I don't think slimserver can play music that's not in its database. That is: if the music your playlist points at is not in the music directory that slimserver uses then I don't think it can be played back. I suspect this is the case with your setup?

Quote Originally Posted by azinck3 View Post
    I don't think slimserver can play music that's not in its database. That is: if the music your playlist points at is not in the music directory that slimserver uses then I don't think it can be played back.
    I thought I did this in 6.3.1 when I didn't wan't to move the music into my music directory to get a long scan time. I just created a playlist pointing at another place. I belived that SS adds the music found in the playlist "on-the-fly". Note that this was on the same locally mounted HD.

Quote Originally Posted by blader_se View Post
    I thought I did this in 6.3.1 when I didn't wan't to move the music into my music directory to get a long scan time. I just created a playlist pointing at another place. I belived that SS adds the music found in the playlist "on-the-fly". Note that this was on the same locally mounted HD.
    thanks for the info--I may very well be wrong.

I have two internal disks in the computer running Slimserver and have no problem pointing to both using playlists. My music collection is pretty big. On these two drives I have "2348 albums with 27274 songs by 665 artists". On a couple of disks in another computer I have almost as much. Unfortunately, I have problem with access to those files from SS.

I have two internal disks in the computer running Slimserver and have no problem pointing to both using playlists. My music collection is pretty big. On these two drives I have "2348 albums with 27274 songs by 665 artists". On a couple of disks in another computer I have almost as much. Unfortunately, I have problem with access to those files from SS.

Are the audio files on the local disk that the playlists point to part of your slimserver library?

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, here, but I'm just trying to understand the setup.

It does work with UNC paths but you have to change the user/password setting of your slimserver service.

Goto control pannel => administrative tools => services

search for the slimserver service and open it's properties, goto the log on tab, click this account and change the username/password settings (for example use the administrator account for testing).

Restart the slimserver and you should be able to use the UNC paths.

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by azinck3 View Post
    Are the audio files on the local disk that the playlists point to part of your slimserver library?

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, here, but I'm just trying to understand the setup.
    I'm only using playlists pointing to the exact location of each album/song. The playlists were built using winamp.