Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

SlimServer 6.5 - no thumbnails?

A couple of weeks or so ago, I upgraded to SlimServer 6.5 and thought everything was fine (music played etc.) but today I tried to use the web-interface to browse my music and discovered I could no longer see thumbails of the Album covers.

Note: All the music is in Apple Lossless and all has embedded album art (applied using iTunes by dragging artwork on to each album in turn). In addition there are folder.jpg and AlbumArtSmall.jpg files in each album folder.

The thumbails did work in the previous version of SlimServer I had installed.

If I actually select an album then the larger artwork is displayed for each album that I tried.

Here is my version info

SlimServer Version: 6.5.0 - 9916 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
    Server IP address: x.x.x.x
    Perl Version: 5.8.7 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

Here are some examples entries from the debug log

Retrieving artwork (cover) for: file:///E:/Music/iTunes/iTunes%20Music/Coldplay/A%20Rush%20Of%20Blood%20To%20The%20Head/Politik.m4a
    readCoverArtTags: Looking for a cover art image in the tags of: [E:\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Coldplay\A Rush Of Blood To The Head\Politik.m4a]
    readCoverArtTags: Found image of length [111314] bytes with type: [image/jpeg]
    Retrieving artwork (cover) for: file:///E:/Music/iTunes/iTunes%20Music/Hard-Fi/Stars%20Of%20CCTV/Gotta%20Reason.m4a
    readCoverArtTags: Looking for a cover art image in the tags of: [E:\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Hard-Fi\Stars Of CCTV\Gotta Reason.m4a]
    readCoverArtTags: Found image of length [86292] bytes with type: [image/jpeg]

Any suggestions?

Click the icon next to the "Sort by" drop-down list. This toggles list/icon view.

-s.

not to hijack the thread, but I've wondered, can you import album art for files that somehow came in without them?
    Bob
    Audio Note CDT-Two->Audio Note DAC5 + Slim Transporter->Spectral DMC-20->Kassai amp->Audio Note AN Es

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bressler View Post
    not to hijack the thread, but I've wondered, can you import album art for files that somehow came in without them?
    Try something like Album Art Aggregator. Place "cover.jpg" into each album folder and rescan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Lanctot View Post
    Try something like Album Art Aggregator. Place "cover.jpg" into each album folder and rescan.
    Mark, Thanks! That is a very easy to use program.
    Bob
    Audio Note CDT-Two->Audio Note DAC5 + Slim Transporter->Spectral DMC-20->Kassai amp->Audio Note AN Es

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bressler View Post
    Mark, Thanks! That is a very easy to use program.
    You're welcome. It is a very good program! I wish you could add in your own servers though. Although there can be subtle variations between various Amazon sites around the world, if you can't find it at all at the main site, you don't stand much of a chance of finding it at another. The other sites mainly have local versions of the same thing that's on the main site.

Quote Originally Posted by slimpy View Post
    Click the icon next to the "Sort by" drop-down list. This toggles list/icon view.

-s.
    I already had it in icon view (I did not make the clear enough in my original message), which is how I could see the generic icon.

I have since found another report of a similar problem which suggested doing a "Clear Library and Rescan Everything". This indeed did fix the problem for me.