Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Logitech vs Slim Devices

speculation is one thing but perhaps you should hop over to the logitech forums ... it's perfectly clear the culture, contribution, perception and knowledge level are different..

it's also clear that most are novice and there's no place like home for the audiophile.. just look at this post from the logitech forum!

"This is a major disappointment particularly because the packaging and all advertising for this system implies that multiple receivers can be used simultaneously ("...expandable to multiple rooms!" ) It isn't until one drills down through the help (in my case unfortunately after purchasing three extra receivers) that this limitation is explicitly stated.

So...do you know of a way that I could pair a receiver with a generic bluetooth transmitter? I've tried to recognize the receivers in my Bluetooth neighborhood but they do not appear to be discoverable. Do the receivers only communicate through Logitech transmitters?

It really is a pity since I thought I had discovered a solution I've been seeking for a while. I wish Logitech had been a bit more honest in their packaging by making it clear that only one receiver could be selected at a time.

Any suggestions or advice are greatly appreciated."

quite clear what the future may hold...

NOT a Slim Devices Employee kdf's Avatar

Logitech vs Slim Devices

look hard enough, you'll find posts with that kind of tone
    anywhere....even 'gasp' here.
    -kdf

True... very true.

"I'm trying to plug my optical mouse into the optical input on my Transporter..."

[shabbs]

Audio: SB1 --> Technics SA-DX1040 --> customs; SB3 --> Yamaha RX-V661 --> JBL E30's

NOT a Slim Devices Employee kdf's Avatar

Re: Logitech vs Slim Devices

Quoting shabbs <shabbs.2fznin1161367801 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> "I'm trying to plug my optical mouse into the optical input on my
    > Transporter..."
    >
    >

hrm...makeshift karaoke microphone??
    heh