Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

iTunes playlists empty after 6.5 upgrade

I'd been running with 6.2 for about six months without problem. My iTunes podcasts appeared neatly in a list on the SB3 and played back fine.

Since upgrading to 6.5, I see the list of iTunes folders, but they are all empty.

Podcasts are the only problem, I don't have any checked items in iTunes and so the other folders should all be empty. It doesn't appear that podcasts go into the xml file, I assume they read the details directly from the music folder.

I've tried clearing the library, but to no avail. What do I try next?

Anyone? I'm probably going to have to roll back to 6.2 which will be a pain as I've already upgraded a load of plugins

If the podcasts aren't in the XML file then I don't think slimserver will see them, as it only looks at the contents of the XML file. How about having slimserver scan the podcast directory itself? That way at least they'd show up, although they'd be mixed in with your music which isn't so great. Or, add the podcast URLs to slimserver's own podcast plugin and let it handle things - that's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by radish View Post
    If the podcasts aren't in the XML file then I don't think slimserver will see them, as it only looks at the contents of the XML file. How about having slimserver scan the podcast directory itself? That way at least they'd show up, although they'd be mixed in with your music which isn't so great. Or, add the podcast URLs to slimserver's own podcast plugin and let it handle things - that's what I do.
    If that's the case I don't get how it worked with 6.2 (always picked up the new podcasts) but then stopped. Has the functionality changed between versions?

edit: i'm wrong, the playlists are stored in the XML file. They are stored like this though
    file://localhost//Filebox/public/iTunes/Podcasts/blahblahblah/Episode%208.mp3/

Does 6.5 change file://localhost// into a valid name? //Filebox/public is what iTunes on my Windows PC sees as the path. Was something changed between 6.2 and 6.5 that would have made this stop working?
    Last edited by jdp; 2006-10-01 at 17:13.

Maybe, or maybe it's related to the new iTunes version - I know a few things changed because of that. I really don't know, just guessing.