Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

cue sheet problem

hi, most of my albums are ripped in ape with a cue sheet for the tracks. I could get SS to load those sheets up and i can see the tracks but SB3 just wont play them...it just get stuck trying to play them....am i doing something wrong or does it just not play cue sheets?

another problem is I realised that when SS is playing back ape..it will make a "click" sound before the track starts...no...this is not the IE clicking problem..it has something to do with the mac.exe but i cant figure out how to fix it....does anyone has a solution?

i have a number of albums ripped in this way, but i use flac and mp3 which the squeezebox decodes natively. is there any reason you need to stick with ape? i may be completely wrong here, so feel free to correct me, but slimserver has always had issues with cue sheets and esspecially when the image file is in a non-native format. try transcoding one to flac (dont forget to chance the file name reference in the cue if its an external cue sheet). if flac works, in would be a simple batch job to convert all your music. using flac with your squeezebox makes more sence anyway for other reasons to.
    Cheers, auto.

Lounge: Squeezebox 3, Squeezebox Controller, Cambridge Audio 640A, Mission 701's Kitchen: Squeezebox Touch, Trends TA-10.1, Kef Cresta 1's. Bedroom: Squeezebox Boom Bathroom/Garden: Squeezebox Radio Car: iPod Classic 80GB Portable: iPhone 3GS 32Gb (+iPeng)

ive tried converteing an ape album to flac, and corrected the cuesheet info within, no go SS will list the tracks, but just wont play it. The only way that it would play them is that I convert all of them to individual flacs with indicivual tags....which is alot of work