Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

6.5.0 and cover art strangeness

I just upgraded to 6.5.0 from 6.3 on my gentoo server.

When i browse an album the artwork is shown correctly but when i use the "browse albums" view there are only the placeholders for all my albums.

Tried to enable the d_artwork but there seem to be no logging going on when the album browsing view is shown, only when i select a specific album and the cover actually is shown is there some lines about the cover existing and such.

Anybody seen this?

Or more interesting to me, anybody has a solution or idea about what could be wrong?

I'm seeing this for some of my albums...

...but not all... when actually browsing into the album itself, or any of the tracks, artwork is fine - but for some albums, I get a placeholder even though I think I have the album art for the album in both folder.jpg and in the track id3 tags.

I get placeholders for all the gallery browsing views, but when I view song info I see actual covers, and in the player frame of the Fishbone skin I can see cover art. All my art is saved as folder.jpg.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

I have a similar problem. A couple of hours ago the album art was there and now, poof, three or four of them got replaced with placeholders. And I haven't removed the jpeg's in the music folders. It seems there are two types of placeholders : the contour of the ones I don't have album art are dark grey, and the ones that have disappeared are black. EDIT: If I click on them, I do get the album art. It seems to be a thumbnail issue.

I wonder if its a skin issue. I'm using Fishbone. I'll test it when I have the time. EDIT: I checked and I have the same problem with the default skin.

Or maybe its a size issue: maybe my album art is too big.

SlimServer Version: 6.5.0 - 9916 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252. Didn't upgrade to 6.5. It was a clean install.
    Last edited by Nostromo; 2006-09-24 at 17:36.

I'm seeing exactly what Nostromo is seeing - album art is there, and that at some point later, it's a placeholder. I'm doing a lot of ripping and tagging right now, and have album art for almost all files in both a folder.jpg and in the id3 tags... it would be great to know exactly what was being pulled from where, and why a placeholder would appear when both browsing the album and tracks, (and playing a track) all show proper art.

Thanks!

p.s., I LOVE the new gallery browsing paradigm - that's why the apparent inconsistency is driving me nuts

I had a similar problem when I first moved to 6.5 but it turned out to be some obscure references in the tag that were created by iTunes (I think) - the coverart tag was followed by a 20ish character alpha numeric string. The problem occurred even when the file had a separate "folder.jpg". From memory, MP3Tag was the only tagger that could "see" the tags. I deleted the offending tags and everything was fine.

Hope this helps.

Scott
    Last edited by Wallaby; 2006-09-25 at 02:27. Reason: more info

I don't use iTunes, but EAC and Tag&Rename.

I use EAC and Tag&Rename as well, along with Foobar2000

...and I've started to get pretty frustrated with something between T&R and Foobar conflicting... I'd been using Foobar for replaygain scanning for all my mp3s, then polishing the tags and loading album art in Tag&Rename... depending upon which direction I go, the replaygain tags are wiped out, or the id3v2 tags are screwed up and the album art disappears from the id3 tag along with ARTIST, BAND, YEAR, and track number. I've had better luck switching to mp3gain for the replaygain scanning - no more tagging or scanning in foobar for now

This brings us offtopic, but anyhow, I do use exact same application, but in reverse order
    I apply tags and download covers using T&R. After I prepare a bunch of albums, I run all of them through foobar's replay gain (by tags). No problems; I have done 1692 albums so far