Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Has SSv6.5.0 track list formatting changed?

I've only recently started using SlimServer, however is it possible that the album list formatting has changed from v6.3.1?

Currently, under v6.5.0, if one is browsing an album the track list shows each track formatted as: "#. TRACK NAME from ALBUM by ARTIST". This is despite the fact that the navigation line at the top of the page already contains either the album name, artist name, or both.

Was it my imagination that v6.3.1 didn't display the "from ALBUM by ARTIST" suffix for each track? Is there some way that I've missed to disable this behavior? Or, better still, could this formatting be made smarter by only showing the artist/album information which is not already present in the navigation line?

If there's another thread, or bug which alludes to this, I've obviously missed it... pointers are welcome! ;-)

This observation qualifies as a definite "nitpick" -- I am extremely pleased and impressed by the SB/SS product! Many thanks to the developers!

AN.

Try Server Settings / Formatting / Show Artist with Albums ?

Or a different Title format?

HTH
    Ceejay

Thank you, Ceejay.

I had tried the "Show Artist with Albums" setting, but as the description indicates, it only seems to affect the album listing.

When I originally tried the "Title Format" setting, the formats in the track listings didn't reflect the formats I had selected, and I therefore came to the conclusion that this setting didn't control the track list format, or that I was misunderstanding something.

After your message, I took another look, and now realize that this is the proper setting to change, but that something doesn't quite seem to be working correctly. When I change the "Title Format" I do (now) seem to notice a change in the format of the track list, but the format isn't the one I had chosen.

Thanks very much for your reply!

AN.