Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Nokia770 skin on a Windows Mobile device

Curious if anyone here has experience using the nokia770 skin on a window mobile PDA with VGA res screen (640x480). I realise the nokia770 skin was designed with a slightly larger resolution 800x480? However I am curious if one where to slightly modify the skin to better fit the VGA screen if the rest of it would work well with a Windows Mobile platform.

I am looking to get an Axim x51v, for various reasons the nokia770 device will not work for me. I like the nokia770 but it does not support my requirements. Fancy remote is just a bonus app for me.

Quote Originally Posted by m1abrams View Post
    Curious if anyone here has experience using the nokia770 skin on a window mobile PDA with VGA res screen (640x480). I realise the nokia770 skin was designed with a slightly larger resolution 800x480? However I am curious if one where to slightly modify the skin to better fit the VGA screen if the rest of it would work well with a Windows Mobile platform.

I am looking to get an Axim x51v, for various reasons the nokia770 device will not work for me. I like the nokia770 but it does not support my requirements. Fancy remote is just a bonus app for me.
    try using "Touch" instead of Nokia770. As of 6.5, Touch is a near-clone of Nokia770, except it uses a different css file that doesn't expect an 800x480 screen resolution.

Let me know how this works for you. The other issue that you may run into is that your mobile device probably uses some kind of IE browser, which may not play well with my AJAX code.

#!/ben
    Former Logitech Developer: Squeezeplay/SqueezeOS/SqueezeboxController/SqueezeCenter
    Community Developer: Nokia770Skin (r.i.p.)

http://www.last.fm/user/bklaas/

Quote Originally Posted by bklaas View Post
    try using "Touch" instead of Nokia770. As of 6.5, Touch is a near-clone of Nokia770, except it uses a different css file that doesn't expect an 800x480 screen resolution.

Let me know how this works for you. The other issue that you may run into is that your mobile device probably uses some kind of IE browser, which may not play well with my AJAX code.

#!/ben
    Well I currently do not have a mobile device to test on. I was wondering if anyone has used one with the skin or the touch skin.

To get an idea of how it might look - you could temporarily set your Windows PC screen to 640x480 and try with IE.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Can anyone comment on how the AJAX code works inside of the most common browsers for Windows Mobile?