Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: removing files

removing files

I recently removed some files and did a rescan but the removed files still show up in the slimserver database. Is a clear and rescan the only way to remove the database entries?

Yes, as the setting name implies, "Look for new and changed music" looks for music you added or tags you changed, not files you deleted.

You should use the "Clear and rescan" option.

What's the status on this with SlimServer 6.5? I'm just wondering if we're any closer to not needing to do clear/rescans after relatively simple library organization tasks such as deleting files.

Asked another way: With 6.5, what sort of things (apart from the settings changes that automatically launch a clear/rescan) still _require_ a clear/rescan rather than a standard scan in order to pick up the changes to the library?

Wouldn't it be effectively doing a complete rescan anyway to check for music that isn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by bonze View Post
    Wouldn't it be effectively doing a complete rescan anyway to check for music that isn't there?
    The developers would know better, but I believe it looks at the dates the files were modified. New or changed files get added, existing ones are kept.

You can run into trouble here if your tagger program doesn't change the file modification date/time.