Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Also, as a workaround for now, you can add stations directly to your favorites. Don't use the shoutcast.com playlist link, but rather the direct stream URL. If it works for you in SlimServer you can find the station URL there.

Thanks!
    But please, don't forget the real fix!!! Some of my favorite webradios are on SHOUTcast!

Shoutcast & Live Music Archive ERROR

I have been experiencing Shoutcast errors for the last 2 months... NOW I can't get the "Live Music Archive" to work. It reads: "Error: Unable to parse ASF audio stream" when I pick a band. Is this a subscription-based service? I'm using a Squeezebox.

stuttering shoutcast

I upgraded on Friday night to 6.5 and now all my shoutcast stations stutter very badly. AlienBBC programs are fine.

Question - will there be a proper fix for playing stations on Shoutcast via the Internet Radio search facility in Slim Server.

I know that there have been a number of problems in the past but I have noticed that since upgrading to 6.5.0 most streams of shoutcast simply do not work. More often than not you get an error stating that there are 'no files in the playlist'

The weird thing is that when I try to play the same stream via softqueeze (thru slim server) it works... but when trying via the SB3 it does not.

I am running Win XP SP2.. Slim 6.5.0 ... firmware 64

Andy - any ideas ?

It does not make sense that it would work in Softsqueeze but not on a real player. When you see this message it's likely Shoutcast has banned your IP address, so nothing would work.

I dont think they have banned my IP address.. as some streams do work on the SB3.. but from what I have tested they are far and few between.

When I am at home this evening I will go thru and test again and take note of particualr stations if that assists.

richard

Angry

shoutcast stations don't work for me as well, which is quite annoying. as good as always "cant retreive playlist" :-(((((((

above occurs when using squeezenetwork. other radio services work perfectly well

connecting directly over the radio's website

Hi,

I'm also experiencing problems by trying to connect different radios over Shoutcast.

As some popular radios have their own website and links to get the streaming for different players, I am wondering if there is any way to get directly to that streaming?... meaning not using Shoutcast any more.

Is it possible? If yes how?
    Thanks
    Ridg